IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking For Some People To Hunt With, 88-99.
Xayto
post Apr 9 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,363

I have a 88 Rogue that i have been trying to find a hunt for the last 4 days on with no luck. If anyone cares to hunt cave3 or sheep1 down lemme know.

Also if this is in the wrong place just let me know and ill remove it and repost.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alston
post Apr 9 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 13,043
Characters: Alston, Dukati... long since dead...

QUOTE (Xayto @ Apr 9 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I have a 88 Rogue that i have been trying to find a hunt for the last 4 days on with no luck. If anyone cares to hunt cave3 or sheep1 down lemme know.

Also if this is in the wrong place just let me know and ill remove it and repost.

Thanks

http://boards.nexustk.com/Hunting/index.html <- Ingame Hunt boards

Up to admins if it's wrong to post here or not. However, you can't remove your post. You can edit, just can't delete. :/

--------------------
- Alston

Find me on any social media by searching for "FSBAlston" or "AlstonTheWolf."

+Quote Post
Xayto
post Apr 9 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #3

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,363

QUOTE (Alston @ Apr 9 2010, 07:13 PM) *
http://boards.nexustk.com/Hunting/index.html <- Ingame Hunt boards

Up to admins if it's wrong to post here or not. However, you can't remove your post. You can edit, just can't delete. :/

ahh yeah no luck with the ingame boards -- i swear the 50-99 range is worse than the 99-Ee

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Apr 9 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

I feel for you because I foresaw this problem coming ages ago but nobody took me seriously. If nothing else, I suggest soloing grim ogres; it is entirely possible to reach lv 99 in that cave with dedication, although it will take far longer than it would where you'd like to hunt.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Apr 9 2010, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

"Saw this coming"
this isnt new.. and when someone tries to explain it to you ee-sa sans you're like NOOOOOO U JUST DONT TRY TO HUNT
... noo.. more like nobody hunts pre ee san...

make nexus free so we have people to hunt with pls thnx

--------------------

+Quote Post
Couteau
post Apr 10 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #6

Peasant

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 13,414

Well actually...
I recently just made this rogue, I had to solo until I learned invisible, but then I was able to start finding groups in Tangun. There were enough people there to get to the 50 mark no problems. Once I hit 50 I went to Buya and then walked around aimlessly for a little while. I went back to Tangun and got a hunt in Spearmen with a level 44 poet. The exp was pretty good for whatever else I could be hunting without being leeched. After a couple hours I was 67 and he was 60. It was awesome.

Was able to hunt a couple times in Horse1, yada yada, but I did solo a few levels in Rooster1. Now I'm stuck at level 85. I know I can solo some more, but that's just so tedious.

While I was in Tangun, I think I did play with a few players that were genuinely new to the game, and I tried to be nice and helpful with them to hopefully have them be additions to the community, but I haven't talked to any of them since I left Tangun.

But yeah... there would definitely be more players if the game were free, and I'm sure there'd be a few quality people in there.
Also I think the newbie spells need a reworking, and the monsters at low level caves in Tangun shouldn't hit so hard.

My biggest gripe is... why do rogues learn invis at 34?
Warriors get a fury low
Mages get a (crappy) para
Poets get heal and invoke!

Or make traps more effective. x_x

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Apr 12 2010, 07:32 AM
Post #7

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

Over a year ago when I was in a position to do so, I proposed a re-working of pre-99 spells so that the things which make paths distinct are received at earlier levels. This means rogues would have received ambush and invis at like level 10 or something, I can't recall for sure what my recommendation was.

But nothing came of it. Sorry, I tried.

QUOTE (WestSideR @ Apr 9 2010, 10:20 PM) *
"Saw this coming"
this isnt new.. and when someone tries to explain it to you ee-sa sans you're like NOOOOOO U JUST DONT TRY TO HUNT
... noo.. more like nobody hunts pre ee san...

My highest character DM is well over Sa san stats and I'm fully aware of the problems for pre-99 players. I played through Tangun on a new character to get a better idea of how things were working and I wrote an essay about the declining population of new players, the reasons for it and what its effects would be. I tried to do something about it. It's just not easy to get anything changed in a game where the management believes they will lose players if they improve the gameplay in any way.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:46 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.