IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Nexus Getting Better?, Are we having fun yet?
Have you noticed the changes?
Has Nexus Gotten better since KRU?
Much better now [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
A little better [ 45 ] ** [39.82%]
What changes? [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
A little worse [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
It's horrible now [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
I don't Play anymore [ 17 ] ** [15.04%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [2.65%]
Total Votes: 113
Guests cannot vote 
Mustafa
post Jul 11 2006, 02:14 PM
Post #41

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 200

Kru promised, 2 weeks after the release of Nexus 6.0, 2 new areas and a large amount of new items. Sa san also..

Been almost 1 year

2 weeks < 1 year

But I must say, it's a little better..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Jul 11 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #42

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 126

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Goes to show KRU shouldn't set them, because god knows we expect them on time! Rawr! -chomps head-

+Quote Post
BeffyCabeza
post Jul 12 2006, 07:07 AM
Post #43

NA Database Editor
Group Icon

Group: Nexus Atlas Development
Member No.: 322
Characters: BeffyCabeza/SkoGul

I would have to say, things have gotten worse, and better in the same regards. I can actually see an effort made by Kru, to change things. Granted, most of the time it's BUGGED. Which is the most annoying thing in the world.

"Yeah we got a fix!"
"....It's bugged? Don't use..!!!!" *rolls eyes*

I do understand, that what they thing of coding wise, sometimes doesn't work in 'real game' time, however, maybe play around with it, before giving it to us, to where we suffer the consequences of the bugs. ><

As for events...We get long drawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn out speechings, while half the community yells the ENTIRE time "Omg, I juse want new items plx" "I want to get richer than I already was, new cave plx"... Which is extremely annoying, because god forbid, I'm still considered the "RP community" and try to pay attention to what's said.

During Yuri's funeral, no talking, yeah cool. Not being able to whisper, that ..blew.. So, I was trying to pay attention and not kill myself from boredom during the excessively LONG speeches. Yes, I understand how important Yuri was..but, the average person has the attention span of about 5 minutes. Sitting there silently, having to call a friend, to turn his grp on, so I can talk to him, during the ceremony, was... beyond...annoying.

Kru has a lot of room for improvement, however we're seeing extremely small changes. So, Kru gets no thumbs up for improvement.

--------------------
Take a number, I'm sure I've annoyed someone today.

+Quote Post
Todaka
post Jul 13 2006, 03:33 AM
Post #44

Enchanted

Member No.: 13
Characters: Todaka, Keita, Shayou, Kenko

QUOTE(BeffyCabeza @ Jul 12 2006, 05:07 AM) [snapback]2033[/snapback]

As for events...We get long drawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn out speechings, while half the community yells the ENTIRE time "Omg, I juse want new items plx" "I want to get richer than I already was, new cave plx"... Which is extremely annoying, because god forbid, I'm still considered the "RP community" and try to pay attention to what's said.

Quoted for truth.

I want something catastrophic to happen. Something horrible, something destructive and murderous that will change everything about the game as we know it.

During the Yieta event, it drove me crazy the way that every time Kugnae would go pitch black, which was AWESOME, the Haggard Witch would appear and chase the evil darkness away with her magic scepter of freedom and light and Pocky. ^__^ SERIOUSLY, why not just let us stumble around in the dark for a while, trip over each other, make our own lanterns, force us to find a solution that has to be discovered and achieved, not by clicking on an NPC and collecting three soup bowls and two dawn tulips and five pieces of beef and ten Barbarian hearts, but by communicating with an actual person, finding out clues, and taking the steps necessary to rectify the situation.

The way that we were able to communicate with the Triiofa? Fantastic. The way that they'd disappear for days at a time while KRU dragged the event on for several months? Not so much.

We're paying $10 a month for an online computer game, KRU, our attention spans aren't that great.

Give us something unexpected, something that will shock us, terrify us, something so expansive and all-emcompassing and apocalyptic that it causes 1000 powerhunters to complain on the Community board about how it's interrupting their 15 hour Water 3 marathon and they DO NOT APPROVE.

I want to be scared to go outside, I want the cities to lie in ruins, I want to not be able to trust my best friend, I want to be forced to travel in groups to go to the bathroom. I want to be up against a person, not a robot. I want to see an event that I don't need to be wearing bright blue dye and standing within the barriers to be able to make a difference in.

There are positive changes, and that makes me happy. I love you Yuri, but it was time to go. Sorry your funeral had to be such a drag.

Thank you for trying to make us happy, KRU, I know we're quite a rowdy and unsatisfiable group, and I appreciate the effort that you're putting forth to make something HAPPEN in Nexus. Now, please give us something to DO. Throw away the scripts and pick up the torches, I'm all for a good book, but this is a GAME, and I'd like to un-pause it now.

+Quote Post
Genica
post Jul 13 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #45

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

QUOTE(Todaka @ Jul 13 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]2332[/snapback]

Quoted for truth.
Thank you for trying to make us happy, KRU, I know we're quite a rowdy and unsatisfiable group, and I appreciate the effort that you're putting forth to make something HAPPEN in Nexus. Now, please give us something to DO. Throw away the scripts and pick up the torches, I'm all for a good book, but this is a GAME, and I'd like to un-pause it now.

AMEN BROTHER! I have stopped playing Nexus until there is something NEW to do. I'm tired of hunting the same Vortex 3 caves the same way with the same people. I'm tired of standing around talking to the same people every day. I'm tired of the same scenery, no new places, no new caves, no new armors, no new items. Hell, Vortex 3 boss drops arent even selling anymore because almost everyone who wants them already has them now. You cant even make money that way now. It's sad when people have to sell the monthly quest items at 10 times the normal price because the boss spawns in Mythic take forever!!! The game is stale and stagnant now. For the love of all thats holy, please give us something new to do, new places to explore, new bosses to conquer, new items to use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

+Quote Post
Engell
post Jul 13 2006, 08:27 AM
Post #46

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 93

I'd be content with the different pathes actually being different. Aside from cunning and rage of course.

Any mage path all the same
any poet path all the same.......and so on...

let's say....one mage path is wind spells, one earth, and fire/water. They have the same core abilities but once they get in the path they are basically set up for one way to do stuff, as in do one thing great do the others less efficient but can still do them.

+Quote Post
Sayuji
post Jul 13 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #47

Level 99

Member No.: 293
Characters: Sayuji, Xinte, Kiyuro (If you happen to remember him)

Kru overall sucks for the job...

Yeah Sa san... at the speedy rate of Kru we'll see it in about............................................... never? Does that sound right?

+Quote Post
koKura
post Jul 13 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #48

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 177

I choose a little better..

Reason being, I think Kru really is trying to improve things - the whole char restoration thing, I liked - probably just a money grab, but hey, I got my first character back biggrin.gif. Aside from that, I've seen a lot more improvements/changes since Kru took over then from when I played Y45-51, and when I came back in 66 till Kru.

having said that - the game is nowhere near what it used to be simply because of the community. Even when I came back in Y66 compared with now - it was at least possible to be a low level character, no friends/starting with absolutely nothing, and getting somewhere, now? I can never find a hunt on ANY of my pre-99 chars.. + a lot of people just care about stats, and pk, and.. well. Hey, theres more to the game then that.

theres my 2 cents anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image

I also play WoW. SkullCrusher server, Horde faction.

+Quote Post
Lord Kyoto
post Jul 13 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #49

Level 5

Member No.: 55

I vote for a second Shattering =)

+Quote Post
LaoNeen
post Jul 13 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #50

Enchanted

Member No.: 16
Characters: LaoNeen(poet), ChuiSao(warrior), DolSu(mage)

QUOTE(Lord Kyoto @ Jul 13 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]2542[/snapback]

I vote for a second Shattering =)

I'll second that. At least then something exciting will happen in the game.

+Quote Post
solman
post Jul 14 2006, 11:31 AM
Post #51

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

Are you guys serious? A simple name change to get away from the bad name nexon had is not something great.. Alot of deceptive companies do this to scam more players. Fresh start and more compasionate is kru? Kru is better then nexon ever was? I honestly just don't see it. Maybe its bitterness who knows. I am still yet to hear them reply to just 1 of my tickets to get unbanned and my account restored. I don't spam their mailboxes with it, I send one every couple of months. I haven't sent 1 recently but still. Keep in mind this was all over the word toe. Which is just stupid if you ask me. Won't even respond.. How pathetic is that?

Kru is just a name to decieve you. To me they are still as bad as Nexon. Maybe not as lazy with releasing graphics and items which nexon was capable all along, I just still don't see it as more then just eye candy.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 14 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #52

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

^ I bet the reason you kept them banned was b/c you reported them to better business, not b/c you engraved a fan, which was meant to be to honor those who fell in 911, with the filtered word for female anatomy =p

I asked this in another thread but lost it, I saw a solmanRC at a gate, that you as a noob?

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Jul 14 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #53

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Did you really report KRU to better business bureau? That's pretty sad. This isn't friggin' Enron or Halliburton.

+Quote Post
Ijimeru
post Jul 15 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #54

Enchanted

Member No.: 374
Characters: Ijimeru

dry.gif I suppose its gotten better since the slump. Although I miss very much the old days when there was gates in mythic and so on. sad.gif

+Quote Post
LaoNeen
post Jul 15 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #55

Enchanted

Member No.: 16
Characters: LaoNeen(poet), ChuiSao(warrior), DolSu(mage)

QUOTE(Ijimeru @ Jul 15 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]2851[/snapback]

dry.gif I suppose its gotten better since the slump. Although I miss very much the old days when there was gates in mythic and so on. sad.gif

Hold up, can't you still gate in mythic?

+Quote Post
Seressence
post Jul 15 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #56

Enchanted

Member No.: 94

I think the game is improving a little bit, I'm actually thinking about trying to come back for a little while.

But for me, the game has lost much of its addicting powers; I don't think this is because of the faults of Nexon or Kru or whoever, but because after I played the game for about 2 years, I just got bored with it. There wasn't anything else to see or do, so I quit, and that's the same reason other people quit. And because Kru doesn't advertise the game at all, there are no new people to fill in the shoes of those that quit.

I logged in the other day and looked at the user list; not only was there about 1/3 of the amount of people that were around when I played, I recognized almost every single name from when I played about 2 years ago (and the ones I didn't recognize I'm sure I knew their alts). There was also so more Ee-sans+ than there were lower levels, which is a big problem.

It's the same people playing the game, and unless Kru starts giving more attention to newcomers, the game can't survive. With more people leaving and less people joining, the game will die.

A few things Kru can do: advertise, eliminate leeching centers (such as Takos, Iron Lab, Mantis, Lobsters, etc - need to keep people at the low levels longer so its a more attractive community for newcomers), make it much much easier it get to level 99 without being leeched (the game really doesn't start until then, forging through levels 70-99 is such a pain and is the biggest reason why I don't come back). To be honest, these things need to fixed before other major problems.

After those are fixed, hunting needs to be fixed and I think the best way to do that would be to bring back split-stats, weaken rage and cunning, nerf polearms, and increase effectiveness of vitality/mana based attacks. Also, add level 4 caves to the Vortex and Mythic Nexus (I was very disappointed when a Sam-stat was all level 3 Vortex caves). Random thought: use different maps for the different cave levels? Adds a little variety.

Fix the Justice system and Archons.

That's all for now.

+Quote Post
Engell
post Jul 15 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #57

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 93

1- Ban every account using mods, speed, autocutting all that.
2- Automate carnages/bloodlusts/elixer wars
3- add 5 viable choices of armor sets at certian level break downs (lets say carnage levels) each with varying stats and bonuses.
4-Weapons atleast 40 new ones.With varying levels stats and some being able to cast things on hit.
5- 5 new caves with bosses that take 12 people to kill even then it's a 50% chance and they will have a chance of dropping 10 rare items. 4 being class specific.
6- Kugnae and Buya fight a war.....again....but Nagnang will take part, forsaken goes on one side and the rest of nagnang goes on the other to create a civil war. All along it was some mysterious npc that caused it and his kingdom invades, the kingdoms figure it out only after Nagnang and Kugnae have fallen. Battle for Buya begins....and like always the kingdoms finally win and push back the enemy out of all the kingdoms.

+Quote Post
Simbel
post Jul 15 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #58

Level 5

Member No.: 54

I think it stinks now... but then again, it stunk before. tongue.gif I don't know, really. The old days weren't horrible and they aren't now either, but I haven't seen a huge improvement.

+Quote Post
BigFurryMonster
post Jul 16 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #59

Peasant

Member No.: 397

I don't know if its me thats growing out of nexus or its nexus growing out of itself. When I first started playing this game is was so fun that I played for about 6 hours a day. Now I don't see my self playing for more then 15 minutes a day. Nexus didn't need all these new changes, all these new items, all these new players. It just made the game about getting strong, wealthy, and being able to take out the sire pit. Don't get me wrong, the game has always had this aspect to it since the dawn of time. BUT, in the olden days, there was just so much great atmosphere it made the game unbelievably fun. Whats it is now is... well..boring. All these quests and skills just take too much time and effort, which I don't really like. And its all for what? Things that don't really mean anything.

+Quote Post
Pugz
post Jul 18 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #60

Level 99

Member No.: 297
Characters: Pugsly, Skillet, CarbonFiber

Just freaking blast everyone...1/1 make us all work together...whatever lol...that won't do any good...you'll still have the same people in the same groups....kicking everyone ass...they will all come back and be as rich and buff as they were before they came because they put the time and the effort into the characters they have...nexus is boring cause we don't find anything to do that is fun...nexus sucks because they are too scared to hurt anyone feelings....if you die and your stuff breaks that is what you get for being crappy and you died....I want bosses that takes more than para and blind to kill...vortex bosses..haha what kind of challenges are those...my poet has HB and I have dose...and a c3...that isn't a challenge it's just sitting back waiting for the last rebirth...I want death....I want to walk out of the buyan barracks and get smoked...lose all my [Content removed] and have to buy better stuff...I want a reason to hunt...because if I don't...im screwed...I want a little difference than these dumb caves...I want a dragon to be as big as they are and as big as they should be...to come and burn the hell out of 100 buyans so our armies actually have to defend...instead of sitting around getting fat eating rare pork and drinking barb brew....KRU....you need to create friendships...you need to create a reason for people to make pacts...and you need to do something to create a game...not a virtual chatroom...you need to do something...cause i'm not happy alot of people aren't...and get rather bored of the same thing...I can think of atleast two other reasons to get carpel tunnel...and they are alot more fun than nexus lol....

--------------------
~ If it wasn't meant to be eaten, then why did god make it look like a taco? ~ Pugz

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:10 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.