IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Nexus Getting Better?, Are we having fun yet?
Have you noticed the changes?
Has Nexus Gotten better since KRU?
Much better now [ 11 ] ** [9.73%]
A little better [ 45 ] ** [39.82%]
What changes? [ 9 ] ** [7.96%]
A little worse [ 13 ] ** [11.50%]
It's horrible now [ 15 ] ** [13.27%]
I don't Play anymore [ 17 ] ** [15.04%]
Other [ 3 ] ** [2.65%]
Total Votes: 113
Guests cannot vote 
JuYi
post Jul 6 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Peasant

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 179

With KRU, I honestly feel as if there is actually someone behind the wheel taking us somewhere...
Before, I felt as if we were drifting aimlessly in the sea of boredom while they were just collecting my money.

Many Item changes (They dont all have to be OMG SUPER POWER LEET ITAMZ)
Many Spell changes
The RP Event with the tree's was cool
OMG, the King is dead!!!

So many things that I cant list them all.

Yet... there are many who are still just waiting on "Sa San" before they'll come back...

-Ju
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jul 6 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #2

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I said a little worse, but I'm not sure that's accurate. Some days I don't think things are so bad.. but others I seriously think about quitting.

There's been a bit of improvement, but there have been a lot of problems.. like the missing anniversary swords? I can understand that there may be some bugs at the moment, but I think they should have scrapped whatever plan they might have had to just have the palace greeter hand them out..

I don't think the problems are impossible to fix though. I just think that Kru is unwilling to step back and take a new look at the situation.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Jul 6 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #3

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

I don't play anymore because it has gotten pretty boring. I come back every now and then if I see something really interesting but so far I've been unregistered for about a month. I would say that since KRU it has improved a little bit. However it could be much better.

+Quote Post
LEET
post Jul 6 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #4

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

I do not play nexus anymore. I quit because well.. It was boring. The concept of the game isn't very good. Everyday people are quitting the game. its sad that not even 1000 people play nexus when wow has 1000 per server.

+Quote Post
LolliPop
post Jul 6 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #5

Level 5

Member No.: 109
Characters: Dannie is the only one I play at times.

Well back when I played, which was a few years ago... It was pretty fine, it didn't seem like it needed much change at all. But I recently started to play again for a bit, and... to be truthful, I couldn't get hooked on like I used to. There seem to be less people playing, or not enough people in the lower level group playing anymore. Rarely any new players seem to join, I guess would be the problem, causing almost everyone to be 99+, which makes it slightly odd. I doubt this is KRU's doing, he's actually doing a good job. It's more of... time's fault, I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Corath
post Jul 6 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #6

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 31
Characters: Corath, Halanna, Aemon, CorJr

I don't play anymore. The last time I visited was... beginning of March I think. I still follow what's going on, but I really don't see anything that would make me want to come back. It used to be my friends, but most of them aren't playing Nexus anymore, or I talk to them outside of Nexus.

So, I really have no reason to want to go back at this point in time.

--------------------
I play World of Warcraft. Thrall-NA server, Horde faction.

Corath's Blog - randomness about World of Warcraft and beyond.

+Quote Post
dondon
post Jul 7 2006, 12:38 AM
Post #7

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

It made me wonder if I quitted for such a long time - but yet this is proven when I saw "Expired on 09/14/2005" =P Couldn't remember it was that long but anyway...

In my opinion I think Kru is slightly better than nexon. But anywho, the old times will never come back (( I think someone posted about this before; how chronologically it will never come back; the golden age and such ))

Probably the only time I will come back is like when they really do some major changes - like someone suggested they should try and take the risk of a second great shift, bla bla and such...

- Removing quotas

- Making hunting really a hunt rather than the plain "1 enter 2 enter 3 enter 1 enter 1 enter" or "spacebar spacebar spacebar" or like "omg set! omgomg flash trap there, bs, assault, inferno, omgomgomgomg!"

Although I don't think it will really happen but anyway...

Nexus has only one strength - it's community. Although it isn't as good as it was, it's still one point why I'm still attracted to it once in a while (( probably like registering for a month every 3 or 5 months ))

Anywho...

That's like my 0.15 cent ^^

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Jul 7 2006, 12:51 AM
Post #8

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

Horrible now, but thats from the perspective of someone who had to deal with all the complete jerks who are archons or above.

Could equally just have chosen "I no longer play" as an option I guess though.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Jul 7 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #9

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

Gameplay went down the toilet when split stats were removed from caves and everything became about Rage and Cunning.

Polearms then stuck a cherry bomb into the pipes and blew the plumbing out.

And as Falaris said, the fascist Archons drive away anyone they perceive as a threat to their own little worlds within the Nexus community, and have given so much bad advice I'm surprised KRU is still employing them-- expecially considering all the head Archon does is drive players away, not convince them to stick around or come back; or at all.

The game might get more "updates" than it use to under Eldridge's management, but it still isnt getting issues handled as swiftly as they could be.

It really isnt that hard to fire the Archons and delete the Justice system, replacing them both with a good optional profanity filter. They'd probably get some players to come back if they did it (not me however tongue.gif I've been burned too much).

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Ishman
post Jul 7 2006, 02:02 AM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 126

Nexus Emo is killing the game in my opinion.

Haven't experienced any archons, but have heard pretty convincing horror
stories.

I'm still having fun, though. All you cool cats that I talk to often keep me around. <3

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post Jul 7 2006, 03:01 AM
Post #11

Level 5

Member No.: 67
Characters: NirvanaMan

I say its getting a little better........ at least kru is making attempts to fix things blink.gif

--------------------

You got Mug'ed
Definition: When you try to help someone but only make things worse

+Quote Post
dondon
post Jul 7 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 129

No matter how much or hard kru tries to fix or even "attempt to", things are never going to be changed.

Archons? Meh, experienced none.

Let's look at a simple way; MOST complaints were like

- "omg he said that profane word to me! im so offended!"
- "omg he talked about my parents! my family! i r sad irl =("
- "omg judges, my kids play this game, plx remove this guy for using a profane word"

I mean like... This whole profanity-reporting are taking too much time anyway. Like DM said; just replace them with an optional filter (( What is Nexus rating anyway? KidstoAdult? Teen? or was it like <9 suggested? ))

Oh... and the Archon issue. Heard quite a number of horror stories like Ish said but really; they should sack some.

... or perhaps one Kru staff (( not current Archons )) can actually... play the game. If games are tests for bugs and stuffs, why don't they actually test for the "feel" of the game?

I don't think it's difficult for them to actually start two character - one "being cool to the judges" and the other "being totally neutral" - then they can find which judges to be sacked.

... or they can also use that two character, one being the "good guy" and one being the "neutral guy" and get into trouble with archons (( obviously no other staff should know about this )) and see who actually gets into trouble considering the same case is faced.

Oh well; just my opinion anyway. Things really need to be changed before 95% of NF users actually vote "Much better now"

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 7 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #13

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

For me, it has gotten lots better in the past few months.

While I still see plenty of room for improvement, the areas which I personally work in have seen much improvement. Archons have busted thier tails to work with the army and I, and have done lots to rememedy what I feel has been done wrong for quite some time.

New items have been released, be it eye candy or not. New spells are on the way, PC fighters are better than they were, and I can tell they are at least working on things.

Can more be done? Definatly.

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
Tynan
post Jul 7 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Yes, it has definitely gotten better. It has a lot to do with the fact that they are unfettered by their (former) counterparts in Korea, and no can do pretty much whatever they want.

There are obviously some things that need work, but all in all the game is better now than it has been for a while.

+Quote Post
Guest_Quincy_*
post Jul 7 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #15

Guests

well if your ee+ this game will always be fun no matter how bad that crap it over

+Quote Post
Hardcore nexus p...
post Jul 7 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #16

Level 5

Member No.: 115

If Kru learned that a majority of nexus doesnt care about roleplay events and could understand that people just want a new place to do something every month. Then nexus would be alot better.

Yuri's funeral was a joke but I'm sure someone somewhere considered it an event. Nothing special happened and all it was for so that the players of nexus could pay their respect to the dead pixels of Yuri.

2 thumbs up to the tree of reflections cave though.

+Quote Post
Zario
post Jul 7 2006, 02:56 PM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 154

I think a lot of people have been saying this, because it's true... the improvements to nexus have been great, but... there's an undeniable funk of "hey, this is pretty boring" lingering about the kingdoms. People are rarely on anymore... no one wants to do anything to improve gameplay, people aren't hunting as much... event and carnage event participation is in the toilet...

I know kru is working hard and I really appreciate that, and some of the items and spells we've gotten are completely AWESOME (like... the trigram keyset fix!!) but in all honesty, it's just not helping. And to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what would. I'll leave that to game freaks like DM tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Aeshatter
post Jul 7 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #18

Level 5

Member No.: 203

I think it is. King Yuri's death came as a shock to me though. It was like something I'd only dreamed about.
Anyway, baby steps I suppose. I wouldn't be coming back if things weren't somewhat better. I did notice the lack of activity on the userlist though.

+Quote Post
Genica
post Jul 7 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #19

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

I agree that carnages are now in the toilet. I remember a time when there was a Celestial carnage about every other day at a time that is convenient for MOST of the Nexus Community. Now they are basically only held at like 1 am, when the people in the real world have to be in bed for work the next day. What happened to holding 8 pm or 10 pm est Celestials every once in awhile? There are a ton more Bloodlusts than Riches and honestly, who wouldnt rather have a carnage with a chance to win a prize? I just dont even bother to look at the carnage schedule anymore because I know they will hold one at a time that is totally ridculous and I wont be able to go. I guess I could quit my job so that I could be able to go to carnages but that's just retarted.

Hunting now is boring because there's nothing to work toward after you reach Sam san. I guess if I wanted mega stats to be able to "PWN NOOBS" I might be motivated to hunt, but I could really care less about that. Boss hunting is useless because no one is buying Vortex boss drops anymore at the Sam San level.

Maybe I'll just make a noob and start over so that I'll have something to achieve. Bleh! dry.gif

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Jul 7 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #20

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

^Duo me some Ancient claw and hearts kthanks 2m a piece =p

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:04 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.