IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monthly Price Raise!!, Increase Nexus' numbers!
Genica
post Aug 10 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #61

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 143
Characters: Genica

QUOTE(Almekia @ Aug 10 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]7167[/snapback]

My point is that people like you would much rather enjoy a game such as WoW, or even FFXI (Seriously, try it. You'll probably like it.)

My point is that the focus of Nexus isn't, and never has been, catored toward people like you. It's one thing to say it's not your type of game, and another to blame the company for not catoring to you. There are plenty of other games out there that cator towards your ideas of what an MMO should be and as I guess you have done, the best idea is to move to a different game.

Kru has not let the game go downhill. Kru is doing nothing different than Nexon. Kru shouldn't change what they are doing. They do fine in what Nexus was created for, and poorly at what WoW or other MMO's excel at. People have put faith in what is, and always has been considered, a third wheel to an MMO that's largely based on non-power hunting aspects.

Guess what? I've played FFXI. It stinks out loud because, yet again, you have to hunt in groups. You cant solo past a certain level. So NO, I dont like it either. Also, it's not just my idea to move to another game. Take a look at the stats. LOTS of "people like me" are moving to other games because they dont like the way Nexus is set up. Some leave due to boredom. Some leave due to that immaturity factor of the community. Whatever the reason is the fact remains..PEOPLE ARE LEAVING and the people who are leaving are the good, productive people of the community. Incase you havent noticed, some very intelligent people who post on these boards were once in power positions in Nexus and they have left the game. I dont know, maybe you dont read any other posts but mine, but if you will take a look at Falaris' posts or DarkMaverick's posts you will see that they too post some very negative things about Nexus. Maybe you are only focused on trying to shoot my posts down. They were once very actively involved in Nexus and have gotten fed up with the corruption and ridiculousness (if that's a word) of Nexus. We were all once naive noobs like you. We saw Nexus through rose colored glasses. I loved this game until I advanced out of the noob stage and into the dog eat dog world of higher stat players. Maybe if you stick around Nexus long enough and you get out into the real world of Nexus and experience the corruption and immaturity of the community you will also become fed up with the stupidity of it all. By looking at your character avatars, I can see that you arent into that part of Nexus yet because your characters arent upper level.

You can be naive and think that Kru has not let Nexus go downhill and that may be true, because Nexus was going downhill before Kru took control. However, Kru has not stopped the game's downhill progression since it took over. You can keep on being the poster child for Nexus if you want but I guarantee if you get in a power position or one of your characters advances into upper stats, you will be singing a different tune. Until you do advance and walk in those shoes, dont tell me how I should think or feel about this game. Thanks!

--------------------
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Almekia
post Aug 10 2006, 03:42 PM
Post #62

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 517

QUOTE(Genica @ Aug 10 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]7181[/snapback]

You can keep on being the poster child for Nexus if you want but I guarantee if you get in a power position or one of your characters advances into upper stats, you will be singing a different tune. Until you do advance and walk in those shoes, dont tell me how I should think or feel about this game. Thanks!

I have been Il. Now, is Il very high? Is that the "Dog eat dog"? Maybe, but probably not. Albeit, Poet.

I am sorry if it sounds like I am saying you should think differently, I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying that there's nothing to gain out of telling Kru how to run their game. If you don't like a game, you can leave. You have, but there's no use in beating a dead horse. You've left. You've done all you can do. As I have said. You are entitled to your opinions, I never said you weren't. But even if you were in said "position of power" that makes you no more important than the person who replaces you.

Also, people who are saying other games are better haven't been to the same stage of the game in these supposed "better" games than they have on Nexus. People who praise WoW are mostly pre-60 newbies, so the same holds true. You are comparing the now boring endgame of one game to the pre-endgame of another. I have been Tier 1/2 (partial 2. Not one-half. Well, that too) in WoW. I have been level 75 in FFXI, and GM in Dark Ages (Almost maxed.)

Get to the end-game in some of these others, then scale WoW, FFXI, or whatever "better games" to Nexus and you will see that relatively Nexus is better, with more quality updates and events. Relatively. That being said, once you have hit endgame in all MMORPG's out there, you're paying a lot more money and forced to invest a lot more time into these games. And Nexus is cheaper than most of them.

--------------------

[Poet Almekia]~[Merchant Elani]~~~[Warrior Brandt]
~~~~~~~~~~~~I apologize for the "KKK" part of my name in my signature. Forgot it was there. It was satire, as in a thread a long time ago I had people claiming I was a racist for some really stupid reason. Considering nobody probably remembers that, I could see how it could come across the wrong way. It's gone now.~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
solman
post Aug 10 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #63

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

QUOTE(Almekia @ Aug 10 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]7118[/snapback]

There are a lot of problems with Nexus.
There are a lot of good things about Nexus.
If you only see the bad, feel free to leave.

Our money is used on a lot.

As far as sticking with the idea the game was founded on, I think Nexon/Kru are doing a great job. There are a lot of events, a lot of new items, community interaction, and great customer support. (When I can whisper an Archon and ask him questions when he logs on and greets everyone.... that says something.) "Poor support" isn't the same as "They don't like my ideas."

Grinding and power hunting has always been a third wheel when it comes to Nexus. Always. That'll never change. Some people enjoy it, but those that do should do so with the expectation that they are nowhere near the primary focus of the company. It's been what? 3-4 years since Sam San? This game wasn't made to powerhunt and grind. It really wasn't. I thought that was obvious.

I don't know either to laugh or cry at this statement. "our money is used on alot." That just cracks me up right there alone. Heres the big one though. "Great customer support." I don't know if you could be more off base on this 1 or not. Nexus/kru by far have one of the worst customer service for a small business that I have ever seen in my life.

Now keep this in mind, Archons and so forth are not Kru/nexon. These are individual players trying to improve the game. Most have their whispers off however will help anybody who nmails then. But again this does not qualify for customer service in any way.

Okay this post of yours just getting funnier and funnier as I read it. Power hunting was not intended for this game. Are you serious? Maybe now its not but back in the old days it sure was. It was very hard to gain stats and be #1. Right now I could rejoin the game and in less then 6 months be the top dog in the game. This was never what the game was intended for. Yet this is what nexon/Kru made of it. You see people hitting over a million in stats which was extremely rare. Now a days its a joke to think you have not.

I seriously want to know what kind of world you live in.. Do you see butterflys and happy go lucky unicorns walking on rainbows. Kru is just as bad as nexon. To impliment a few graphics for items and so forth is not hard. Hell they have all the items, graphics and engines from the korean version. They are just to lazy to impliment them. Now that nexon worked on it and then it turned to kru and then it was implimented does not mean they did alot. Any $ revenue generated does not go that far in the game. They are just milking it till it dies. And believe me it will die.

Oh and for the record. I did leave and I will never pay them another dime. Doesn't mean I can't keep in contact with friends and how the game is doing. I don't need to pay 10 a month for that.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
solman
post Aug 11 2006, 12:06 AM
Post #64

Oh san
Group Icon

I do want to point out one other thing and I want to make this a whole seperate post. That is basically this. We can not tell Kru what to do or how to run the game. In that essence you are correct however you are wrong as well. By not subscribing and not paying is how we voice our opinion. This game has consistantly gone down in players overall.

Now I personally see 2 types of players. New players and old players. You want old players to stay and new players to come in and become old players. This will result in more consistant revenue. Yet its the old players who have no respect and have no say in how the game will develop even though these old players are the key to staying afloat and being sucessfull. You can bring in 200 new people and they won't play for more then 3 months or you could have 50 people play for over a year. Which would you rather have? Personally the 50 who play longer will be more encouraged to bring their friends which will result in players staying longer.

Now the way this game has developed over the years is that customer service is now shot. The game is no longer honorable. Simply meaning that what once was concidered a great achievement in the game is now concidered a standard. This can be applied in many forms. Roleplay and quotas. Many years ago without the quota you took pride and honor into working hard and into getting into a subpath. Now with the quota anybody is let in and nobody cares. This shot roleplay dead as well as subpaths more or less.

Hunting same thing. It was once very honorable to see a player work extremely hard and play for years to obtain even sam san stats. Now you can see people make those same stats that took the older player 3-4 years obtained in under a month. Again no honor in this and it makes old players feel like all their hard effort and time put into the game was for a waist. These are the things Kru/nexon incorporated that made players very upset and the old players to quit. This results directly into old players leaving. Currently if you actually looked at the players, the average life time of a player is normally 6 months if that. This does not make for a sucessfull game.

Now again us old players as well as a few select and smart new players know what it takes to keep not only players happy but to keep it fair and fun for everybody. Thats from how to balance subpaths, hunting, high ranking positions or whatever the situation. Maybe this is beating a dead horse however how low can the numbers go until that dead horse is finally noticed and its smelly rotten corpse is finally shoveled off and buried? Clearly the numbers are not there to keep kru interested. So I honestly do not see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Michike
post Aug 11 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #65

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

Solman I would just like to point out that your reference of declining playerbase does not hold true, we've been through the discussion a couple of months back. Guess what, since then we had a new user-peak and there are more people average online. I don't think you can keep putting the blame on Kru for trying to fix what Eldridge screwed up. He's the one that made the game into a statfest. While yes, Nexon/Kru allowed it to happen, they are doing something about it currently. And in fact a good deal of old players have reregistered to see what Nexus is becomming, that's a first step up, to get them to stay is another matter because the majority of the problems aren't fixed yet.

-- quick edit : I think the bottom in numbers was reached and that was one of the reasons Eldridge got fired but uhm... speculating there.

2004 and 2005 were very bad years for Nexus and caused the state a good part of the playerbase is in (disgusted/disgruntled/...). 2006 so far is not a bad year, we had a lot of updates, we have support for clans/subpaths in a different way and we had a couple of events. You actually feel there's someone working behind the scenes.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the topic of this thread, more money will not make Kru work harder / hire more employees. It will just make them earn a / more profit if all players continue to register for the higher price which I highly doubt. Nexus isn't worth more then 10$ a month, but maybe it'll be like cigarettes before I quit smoking. wink.gif

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Almekia
post Aug 11 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #66

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 517

QUOTE(solman @ Aug 11 2006, 12:51 AM) [snapback]7288[/snapback]

I seriously want to know what kind of world you live in..

I really want to see what kind of Nexus you have been playing.

Were you around for The Shattering, Chizao, The Kingdom War, the original Pirates and Lost Mine events, the Wind God Hanuman, etc?

The game was most definately focused on interaction with the players. It was never about stats and power hunting. It was hard to get stats because Nexon couldn't give a crap about making more hunting areas, etc. I mean... seriously. How can you say the game was based around power hunting when Mythic Nexus was all that existed for what? 6 years of the game's life? More, I think. One hunting area... same enemies, different colors, same drops. Does that sound like a lot of effort on the power hunting front? Not at all.

How many items from the earlier days are now extinct or rare due to events? Then think... how many items (Prior to Vortex) were hunted through static caves? Weigh the two. Weigh how much the items in Mythic were updated. Were they ever updated?

How many hundreds of temporary event caves have there been and how many grinding caves had been added during the years of Nexon? Weigh the two.

Do not weigh the actions of the players, weigh the focus of the Game Masters. There have been hundreds of events, useless (but rare) items that may look cool... and relatively almost no advancement in the hunting areas. For heaven's sake, all Mythic caves are the same maps... different colored enemies, and different exp numbers. That's called being really half-assed while they focused their efforts on the rest of the game.

--------------------

[Poet Almekia]~[Merchant Elani]~~~[Warrior Brandt]
~~~~~~~~~~~~I apologize for the "KKK" part of my name in my signature. Forgot it was there. It was satire, as in a thread a long time ago I had people claiming I was a racist for some really stupid reason. Considering nobody probably remembers that, I could see how it could come across the wrong way. It's gone now.~~~~~~~~~~~

+Quote Post
solman
post Aug 11 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #67

Oh san
Group Icon

Okay maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. Power hunting was ment to catch players in stats. Which is what this game use to be focused on. You couldn't take a month or 2 to catch the top players. For this power hunting was ment in order to catch the tops.

Your right, just look at the past events and what they "use" to do. I have been around since yuri 13. So believe me, I have seen the game grow from way back when. The interactive events with players was something we all missed. Today its hug and kiss everybody with as little player interaction as possible. Theres no conflict because if there is your severly punished. Back in the old day there was a ton of conflict which progressed the story greatly. Players loved this type of interaction. We are fed up with the current format.

Now lets look at those rare/almost extinct items and how they were so valueable when Kru just made any old event (recycled more or less) and just infused those into drops. Lets take sun items for an example. Do you know how many players this ticked off rather then helped. Something over 150 mil in price was reduced to 25 mil tops. I mean hell if only 1 or 2 dropped thats fine, but the numbers were just awful for the drops.

Lets actually take a look at the prior events nexon and Kru have done all together. Just to ballpark it, I think the pirate event was done roughly 17x, lost mine event done 14x. I mean all you have to do is change the exp and drops on monsters and boom theres your event. Now don't get me wrong, I love it when pirates and the lost mine or any event comes around but again back in the day it was a monthly thing. Now its done what? Every 3-4 months at best for an event with very little interaction and hardly no conflict at all. The quality of events and the amount that was put out has gone down greatly

Lets take vortex now. This is something we should of had way back in the yuri 30s. This was something baram had and we had the resources and client to be placed in our game. Yet funny it never was until what the 60s? I honestly don't mind cheap and corny graphics, yet the overall games graphics as well as items and so forth were just never updated as fast as we would of liked. We were always around 2 years behind baram which to me is not right. Its just a matter if nexon/kru wants to infuse it into the game or not.

Alright now for you Michike. Yes we have had this conversation about the numbers thing. Kru took over and the numbers went up in the belief that things were getting better and we would obtain more. So far we really haven't and things have gotten worse. Its basically a small bubble for an increase before you start decreasing again. As players just read the forums. You can tell people are getting sick and tired of Kru specifically. Its not just nexon they hated its now becomming Kru. The lack of updates that are needed, the silent treatment when asking what the $ is being used for, everything in general. The only thing that seems to be added are eye candy graphics that really don't help much. So yes the numbers did go up when Kru took over because we were lead to believe things are going to get better and in a hurry. Well now that they are not and its been well over a year, now is when you start to see the numbers go down. Yet you will never see 2k players on at once ever again. This was a common thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daggon
post Aug 12 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #68

Enchanted

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 589

10 is Fine. I'd be annoyed if they raised it.

--------------------
IPB Image

IPB Image
...is this what kru sees me as?!

+Quote Post
Forum Troll
post Aug 12 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #69

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 52

Cash Shop works fine in Maplestory and that game has tons more players than Nexus. The ONLY downside to a cash shop is that it will allow younger, immature players the ability to play which is what happened to Baram. They went from about 100,000 regular players to about 30,000 when they implemented the shop, yet they are making more money from what my sources are telling me.

+Quote Post
HyuKo
post Aug 20 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #70

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 666

Okay, first post, but I've been reading this for a while. If nexus were to become free, it would bring players. But, the price isnt the only reason there is. Have you ever been on a website and seen a advertisement for Nexus? Honestly? NEVER they do NOT advertise...Maybe, if they made a smaller fee per month...like, 7$, and have a cash shop, im sure it would work. You guys ever seen screenshots of Baram with those sick swords, staffs or armors - Good items for cash shop. I dont know if you guys were around for these but the Chi'zao event? or..Wind temple event? or the mythic cave events? I would truthfully have PAID another 10$ for the event, it was so well done...I wouldnt mind waiting a month longer if the events were as good as those. Eh. This post is everywhere, half asleep....

The Slacker

+Quote Post
Xoran
post Aug 31 2006, 11:43 AM
Post #71

Level 5

Member No.: 716

there are way better games out there that are free....so 10$ is enough thanx

+Quote Post
Bobert
post Sep 2 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #72

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 91
Characters: Bobert, Vlakir

If they rose the monthly price, many people would take off. One factor that did keep me here was the cheapest price around for a decent game. If they raise it, I'm sure many, possibly myself included, would give my business to, say Final Fantasy Online, World of Warcraft, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alessi
post Sep 2 2006, 07:29 PM
Post #73

Level 5

Member No.: 745

10 for me is a fine deal. I am personally ok with 10$ to pay monthly. If they raised it to 40, 30, 50, 60 , 70 I wouldn't play.

--------------------
Wee, go NexusTK. NexusTK FTW.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Last but not least signature in my character, NEITH! Woot!
What can I say, I am a big fan.

Congrulations to Neith on getting the last fan bar! All I am going to put up.
If you can't read any of the userbars, then click on them to enlarge.

+Quote Post
Aeladya
post Sep 3 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #74

Level 99

Member No.: 753
Characters: AkitoSan

$10 a month is fine, but if they lowered it a bit more I wouldn't mind at all. The fee to restore your purged character is ridiculous. I would have to pay $40 this month including the online fee.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:53 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.