Vini
post Nov 3 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #1

Head Editor of Nexus Atlas
Group Icon

Group: Head Administrator
Member No.: 21
Characters: Vini

Taking the moment of people complaining about Fox hunts and not being heard, I decided to take this opportunity to do something similar about judges. I know it's not the hot topic now to hear people picking on judges and last times I heard people complaining of justice was mainly about problems with archons or laws, but not specifically with judges. I have no say in what archons do or not do and very little say in any aspects of the Law, believe me, if I had the chance I would review some of the laws to become more clear.

Well, this topic I'm opening is for people to post their complaints they have of judges. Why? Because it gives us the opportunity to take some action on it and solve the problem that the person is pointing out or at least clear up a misunderstanding that the person has done.

I know most people don't like waisting their time to submit me complaints and those who do, aren't really complaining of something that a judge did wrong, but basically are complaining just because they didn't like being jailed. Some people might think I'm crazy, but I like when I receive complaints. This way I can do something about it rather than just leave the person dissastified. Sadly, it's only 4% of people who actually spare a bit of their time to make a formal complain.

I only ask two things before you go and post in this topic:
1- Do not use this to personally attack a judge or anyone. It's unfair and by doing so you'll be losing credibility with your complaints. If I find anyone is posting to purposely harm the image of the judge who did nothing wrong, I'll be removing the post and applicating proper actions on it.
2- Do never, in any circumstance write here anything that can relate to an illegal thing you said in the game that got you jailed. Remember that Nexus forums has to follow in game laws, so do not quote your cursings, sexual harassments or other serious crimes here. If you need to mention those, contact me in-game with it and it will be looked into. Also, if anyone wish to show screenshots, don't put here either, feel free to email them and I'll investigate whatever needs to be investigated.

I could just have asked people to nmail me their complaints, but I guess by making it an open topic it can be more interesting, because other people might look into it and clear up things they didn't consider a problem so far, but will know in future if they ever go throw it.

Yet, this is topic is to help me gain more information about complaints on judges (including myself), it's not for slander. Keep things in topic and use this opportunity for good. If it gets too way out of hand, I'll just close the topic as it won't be serving any help anymore.

Thanks for your cooperation and hopefully I'll see quite a few people making good use of this. laugh.gif

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vini
post Nov 3 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Just to make clear. Here's the list of current judges:
Vini, Maejima, Maya, Minaku, Ravenstar, Sinsation, Sweetness, Teragg and tip.

If anyone has complaints on past judges, it's ok to put here althought there's not much that I could do about it, except using that situation as an example of what we cannot allow to happen in future. Same goes with archons, I can't do much on it either, only avoid these judges and future ones to not doing such mistakes.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Nov 4 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #3

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

As I thought.. People don't have complaints about judges. They have complaints about justice. Like how all Kru allows you to do is go after people who curse.. and not those who hack and scam.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Forum Troll
post Nov 4 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 52

Tip is too ruthless. Most of the time he doesn't hear people out before he jails them.

+Quote Post
ColbyCC
post Nov 4 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 300

Well, to say that "Kru" allows judges to only go after people who curse would be a miss conception.
First, Justice was here long before KRU Int. took over. The reason that it would appear that the Judges of the Community only go after people who curse, is because that it is by far the easiest crime to prove, with the exception of door board abuse, which we didn't handle.

Cursing is black and white, either it's there and someone has evidence against the person or it isn't there and there is no evidence. With theft and scamming it takes a little more evidence to build a case against someone, thus becoming very hard to prove. For someone to have a theft case they must have a screen shot of guilt. This, is something that is relativley hard to obtain, so thus making less insadences of it being reported, not to mention the fact that theft happens less than people cursing in sire.

So now one would say that why dont they change the laws to make it easier for someone to be caught for theft and scamming. Well, with the way that the game is designed now with screenshots, it is the only way to be 100% sure that someone caused a crime. Judges do not jail on hear say, nor will they jail on evidence that is not 100% ture of someone commiting a crime (or atleast that is how it was when I was a Judge.) With that being said, why doens't Kru just do log checks on every single theft case that came into the game: simple answer to that would be that it would take up far too much of their time. As well as it says "if you drop an item you loose ownership of it" Unless someone gets a screenshot of guilt on you smile.gif Would you rather KRU Int. be checking logs on every single theft case in this game or be working on new game additions?

In the end, it will end up to getting a screen shot of guilt to prove theft cases. That's no secret as if you ask any Judge or post on the justice board and have your case deleted because your evidence is a witness, all you need is a screen shot of guilt to prove theft cases.

I find it very strange that in my whole time of being a Judge, I would obtain a great deal of evidence from people (having to download files from players) and I was never hacked, or ever got a virus. In my opinion, people being hacked is their own fault because they most likley were doing something they shouldn't be doing or going to a website they shouldn't be doing or downloading a program they shouldn't be having. If you dont do any of those things, and dont tell your friends your PWs, then you will never be hacked. It is damn near close to impossible for someone to guess your pw if you keep it safe.

So for people being hacked, sorry to say but in my opinion they deserved it: because it most likley meant that they were doing something they shouldn't so, I'm sorry but in my past experience with being a Judge and hearing all the people complain about being hacked I have no sympathy for them...

And for Tip being too ruthless, I know for a fact that he knows the laws inside and out in the game. Sorry to say but if he is jailing you then you can pretty much count on the fact that it's written in the laws. Sometimes...the truth hurts.

-3C

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 4 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #6

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE(ColbyCC @ Nov 4 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]16321[/snapback]

And for Tip being too ruthless, I know for a fact that he knows the laws inside and out in the game. Sorry to say but if he is jailing you then you can pretty much count on the fact that it's written in the laws. Sometimes...the truth hurts.

-3C

Not true.

I remember waaaay back when the museum was first opened to the public. Anyone who was there knows it was extremely crowded inside for the whole day. I logged into the game a little late that day and the place was still pretty packed. Nobody could really move forward until someone else did.

I managed to get through to the treasure room (the one that shows the fb) and then here comes along tip. Within seconds he begins shouting something along the lines of "MOVE OR BE JAILED!"

I think to myself "Wth?? Nobody can move!"
then BAM! Someone vanishes and tip moves forward.
"MOVE OR BE JAILED!"
Another person vanishes and tip moves forward.

He did this all the way through the room. I imagine he did it through the whole museum.

Obviously, I don't have screenshots. Don't even recall if I ever took any. But it happened, believe it or not.

All of the corrupt judge things I know of are from so long ago that they wouldnt be of any use to Vini. And I'm not even sure if all of them are true or not. Judge abuses tend to happen significantly less than that of Archons because Judges can't hide their true motivations as easily as an Archon can.

And when Judge abuses do happen, they tend to cover their butts by invoking the "unwritten law clause" to justify their decisions in rather peculiar ways. I know tip has loved to invoke that rule, expecially regarding anything that occurs in sire pit/vale.

If there is any constant Judge corruption it is that certain members of the community absolutely can't be jailed because they are buddy-buddy with a Judge who will drop cases launched against them and make threats to intimidate the accusers.

tip did that to me once when I reported crip and whitelotus for a variety of constant harrassments, and then tip tells me if I ever post on the jail board again he will jail me and dropped the case against them. Honestly, to this day I'm not even sure how those two clowns managed to get tip to do that.

I seem to be talking about tip a lot, but honestly when I think of Justice corruption he's the one I think of. Probably because he's still around.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Tynan
post Nov 4 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

Vini, I have a complaint that is related to justice but not to judges; I think judges are doing a fine job, really, given the tools they have. The average Nexus citizen cannot comprehend how real justice must function to be fair. They think that any judge that does not immediately jail someone based on hearsay or some other sketchy form of evidence is not doing their job.

Do any of you have any idea how hard murder is to prove? Or theft? In fact, were it to me, theft would not be a crime, since it clogs the justice system up with idiots who let (yes, let) things get stolen from them.

Remember, folks, our justice system in Nexus and indeed in North America is such that we only convict those who we believe to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That is to say, we'd rather let a thousand people who might be guilty, but could be innocent, go free, than send one to prison who is innocent. We need to KNOW they are guilty, even if it means some criminals never get locked up. Imperfect? Yes. But it is more fair than sending innocent people to prison.

Anyway, on to my complaint: people who constantly post frivolous cases, particularly as a form of retribution.

What, you killed me in Sire? I am going to report you!

What, you denied me entrance to a subpath! Reported!

These are the idiots we need to be jailing, these people who do not get their way then try to find some minor thing to report someone on. Please look into it, as it sickens me.

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 4 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #8

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tynan @ Nov 4 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]16323[/snapback]

Vini, I have a complaint that is related to justice but not to judges; I think judges are doing a fine job, really, given the tools they have. The average Nexus citizen cannot comprehend how real justice must function to be fair.

I do not see what is fair about people being jailed for not harrassing or otherwise causing grief for other people. Many reports are filed for, as you pointed out, purposes of retaliation or griefing. If you hang around sire pit and let slip a single profane word to express excitement, someone is going to screenshot it and dash off the justice board to report you. All because they have nothing better to do, so they might as well go bug someone else.
After all, it's something to brag about.
You got someone jailed.
Very ha ha funny, right?

Even though you werent even cursing at anyone. All you were doing is talking about how frustrated you were about dieing and losing your death pile.

But oh no, you said profanity when pretty much nobody was around and someone claims they were offended to just see a single word that wasn't even directed at them.

There is no "justice" in Nexus. The law system is just a mediocre attempt to punish players who may or may not actually be bothering other players. Other games that have significantly larger communities seem to run quite fine without trying to regulate the speech of the players.

Part of growing up is to accept that you are not going to get along with everybody. I mean what is really sad is the amount of people who will make peasants just to bug others. Most MMORPGs dont have that problem because people are too busy having fun to want to grief until they engage in the pvp system.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.

+Quote Post
PikuDamaru
post Nov 4 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 9
Characters: PikuDamaru

My complaint is profanity being a crime.

Toddlers don't play this game and half the words people get jailed for are open to the radio, TV, and free speech.

Let's stop pretending everyone in Nexus is an infant.

Otherwise I'm happy with the Judges because on every case my name showed up on the justice bored, a Judge was able to sniff out the greifer and decline the case. You have to push me REAL far to do something that's actually illegal.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Nov 4 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #10

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

My problem isn't with judges, per se, but more the justice system itself.

There should be applications so that there's a broader range of judge potentials, not just the five players born before the Great Shift.

End of story.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Vini
post Nov 4 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

First I would like to thank all who replied to this topic already, hopefully it will continue being used for good. Second, I replied to each of you quoting the things you said. It's a long reply, you can either read the whole thing, or just read the part with your name in it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Rachel @ Nov 4 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]16318[/snapback]

As I thought.. People don't have complaints about judges.

Yes, true. So far so good!

QUOTE(Rachel @ Nov 4 2006, 05:16 PM) [snapback]16318[/snapback]

They have complaints about justice. Like how all Kru allows you to do is go after people who curse.. and not those who hack and scam.

Kru allows us to go against those who scam too, but the resources they give us to catch other crimes other than profanity are really low. To get hackers, it's sort of hard, because we players cannot get the IP address of other players. The ammount of headache it would give to the company could be huge if a player with bad intentions got hold of such IP numbers, not to mention that I think KRU Inc. doesn't even have the rights irl to share IP address of other players with us. So essentially, getting proof against a hacker will never be something for judges to do, maybe they can grant us with a way to help not ruin someone who was hacked.

QUOTE(ColbyCC @ Nov 4 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]16321[/snapback]

So for people being hacked, sorry to say but in my opinion they deserved it

It's also glad to see my master speaking here, although he didn't add any complaints aswell, but well there's one thing he said I can't agree with. Yes, everything else I agree, but we can't claim that all hacked people deserve it. Surely those who are hacked for trying to cheat nexus and in my opinion they deserve much more than just being hacked. They deserve ban. So that being said, I don't think anyone deserves to be hacked, the ones who got it for trying to cheat deserve ban and those who were ingenuous betrayed by a friend of family, then it's not their fault. I've never ever been hacked either, but I can imagine how a brother can steal his brother's pw without him even knowing. Rare, but happens, this person doesn't deserve hack.

QUOTE(darkmaverick @ Nov 4 2006, 06:06 PM) [snapback]16322[/snapback]

I seem to be talking about tip a lot, but honestly when I think of Justice corruption he's the one I think of.

The situation you described is something I would never imagine Tip doing. Tip is a great judge and most of what I know I learned from him. I really like how he organized justice and I must confess, when I was younger I used to see a lot of wrong things with judges, but seeing it from inside I know now that there's two eras in judges, the one before Tip and the one after tip. Tip is a great judge, one of the best and well if what you said is true, well then he changed a lot, because the Judge tip we have now would never do that.

thousand people who might be guilty, but could be innocent, go free, than send one to prison who is innocent.

That's exactly how it is now. Like I was just saying there's two eras in justice, before Tip being Head Judge, when we had jury and didn't need proof with screenshots to jail someone, the judges could jail innocent people attempting to catch a guilty one. Nowadays, we might let some guilty ones go unpunished, it's the price we pay to be sure that no one innocent will go to jail. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. "Oh but I was wrongfully jailed" -> Wrongfully means there was a mistake, mistakes can happen and I'm here to check on them and correct if they happen. If I don't see it as a mistake, you still can try with the archon of justice.

people who constantly post frivolous cases, particularly as a form of retribution.

I understand your concern and I can't say I disagree with it. There's a lot of people who post others for grief, specially the harassment cases. How often I've seen someone provoking the other, F9ing them then reporting when the other is mad enough to nmail. There's surely some grievers, but how can we tell one from another? Everyone has the same right to report others, we can't stop them from doing so or jailing them. There's no law that can get such people jailed, but of course it makes such people lose credibility. There's a lot of ways to lose credibility with a judge but the main one is to lie to them. Losing credibility will result in jail time? No. But it might result in having less tolerance with crimes and believe less in the guy not provoking the other.

What I think should be done is people caring less for who is and who isn't reported on justice board and care only for those who get their names on Scum board. Getting reported to justice board can happen to anyone in nexus, now getting their names in Scum board only happens to the guilty ones. So worry less about who is reported or not and care only for the jailed ones. =)

QUOTE(PikuDamaru @ Nov 4 2006, 07:11 PM) [snapback]16327[/snapback]

My complaint is profanity being a crime.

There's a lot of people who dislike that. I sometimes wonder if it is really necessary or not. But when I see the ammount of people who get bothered with such things, I understand why we must keep it. If we didn't have such law people who abuse the others feelings, this would stop being a friendly game to become a hating game. If without cursing people can already get really mad at others, specially because of Sire pit, imagine if they could curse. Also, I bet many parents wouldn't enjoy their 12 year old kids (which is quite common) playing a game they come see it and read bunch of people screaming profane stuff. I wouldn't pay for my son to pay such game.

It's not because Radio, TV and Movies curse all time that we should bring it to nexus. It's not because media does it that is a right thing. Cursing isn't right, but freedom of speech is something we have irl. In nexus, we don't. And I think Nexon took a right decision when they came up with that. Nexus wouldn't be as good as a game if it was filled with profanity, drug reference, sexual harassment and other stuff like that.
Yes, there are some minor profanity said and believe me, we tend to give warnings for it before jailing. Yet, there are those who abuse it, there are those who even create peasants to harm the peace of other people by cursing a lot of disgusting stuff. Trust me, if someone ever entered a building and started shouting cursing words to people, the security would probably put them out and/or take them to police.

Someone once said to me "you like the cursing law because it's the one that most allows you to jail people." Not true. Not true at all. First because judges don't enjoy jailing people. The headache it brings is a lot. We get people to hate us just because we are doing our job, we get called corrupt, people assume stuff of us without even knowing us, gosh it's too much headache not to mention it hurts another player really bad. No judge enjoys jailing, trust me, I know that for sure. Actually if someone just wanted to curse at me, wouldn't be as bad as if they go cursing out at people in a public place.

--------------------
~Vini Normad'or~

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Nov 4 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

No offense to the judges, but the justice system in its entirety needs to be removed, and an optional curse filter needs to be implemented so that there is no reason to try to get around it. I don't have anything against the judges themselves (at least, most of them), and even if I did hate all of them I'd still come to the same conclusion.

All I see is people using it as a system to grief others who slip up and curse. And most people don't care about cursing, and if they did could use the filter.

"But what about things like harrassment?"

We have F9. Use it. If it gets to the point where someone is making newbies to harrass you, this needs to be escalated directly to KRU. At that point they are breaking not just in-game laws, but the Terms and Conditions.

With how many things they have implemented in Nexus to block people from hurting others, I cannot think of a legit crime beyond "hacking" which is out of the hands of the judges anyway.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
SilentS
post Nov 4 2006, 11:43 PM
Post #13

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

QUOTE(Vini @ Nov 4 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]16342[/snapback]

The situation you described is something I would never imagine Tip doing. Tip is a great judge and most of what I know I learned from him. I really like how he organized justice and I must confess, when I was younger I used to see a lot of wrong things with judges, but seeing it from inside I know now that there's two eras in judges, the one before Tip and the one after tip. Tip is a great judge, one of the best and well if what you said is true, well then he changed a lot, because the Judge tip we have now would never do that.

Actually, I have heard, and seen, Tip do that many of times. It was bad when he, on multiple occasions, would drop cases against his friends, and threaten the accuser if they posted again they would be jailed. I was in the Museum during the time DM mentioned, and I do remember something like that happening, but had forgot who was the judge doing it.

Tip may have been great in your eyes, but it just shows that you havn't witnessed everything he has done. Which spans a great deal of years.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Euphoria
post Nov 5 2006, 01:35 AM
Post #14

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 446

most of the cases Ive read on the justice board are just people trying to get people they dont like branded with the dread "red mark". or ee sans who need sage 5 for sam san wont it be great to get them jailed and get rid of sage4 a week before sam san....

I think that most of the crimes in nexus can be handled without the justice system. The justice system in my opinion is a way to get back at someone that you dislike. f9 stops harrasment. profanity shouldnt be a crime since even kru is targeting 18+ year olds with their new cash shop. last time I checked I dont know any 10 year olds with a debit card....drug/sexual referneces are basically the same as the profanity. murder and theft are way too hard to prove you have to get someone to say " yes I stole your ... enter item ... "

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lucifer
post Nov 5 2006, 01:49 AM
Post #15

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 549
Characters: Lucifer

My only suggestion is for judges to ignore people like Babyboy and VisioneX, who use the justice system as nothing more than a tool to cause grief.

In addition, if you know that two players are feuding, don't allow them to use the justice board as a weapon against the other person. Every time I come back to Nexus, the board is covered in nothing but sam sans reporting other sam sans for "profanity" that happened in Sire pit.

IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
questionable image deleted

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 5 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #16

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vini @ Nov 4 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]16342[/snapback]

What I think should be done is people caring less for who is and who isn't reported on justice board and care only for those who get their names on Scum board. Getting reported to justice board can happen to anyone in nexus, now getting their names in Scum board only happens to the guilty ones. So worry less about who is reported or not and care only for the jailed ones. =)

Hey, my name was on Scum board because I dared to say I was drunk.
Which was perfectly legal at the time I said it. And why the hell wouldn't it be?? The Barbarian brew item casts "Drunk" on people! Don't you think it's a little bit asinine to outlaw people mentioning they are intoxicated when most players in the game run around with Wine and Herb pipes in their inventories because it's apart of the damn game design?? You NEED those items to hunt as a Poet, Rogue and Mage. Even as a Warrior too. They are the only items which restore Mana!

There's a lot of people who dislike that. I sometimes wonder if it is really necessary or not. But when I see the ammount of people who get bothered with such things, I understand why we must keep it.

A lot of people cry about things merely because they are whiner babies. Hearing profanity on the internet happens to be one of these whiner baby things. Whereas the vast majority of professional gaming companies ignore the whiner babies, Nexus is letting them run the game.

If you don't think that doesn't contribute to why NexusTK has never been able to really make a splash in the market, guess again. It has a lot to do with why it hasn't. Most players do not like or appreciate other players telling them what they can do or say. Thousands upon thousands of people have downloaded the client and tried out the game for several months. There is a reason they quit. The Justice System is a big contributing factor to why people quit. And don't think for a second I'm wrong because I myself am a perfect example of it. I quit because the whole Justice system is out of control and KRU intends to do nothing about it as usual. It was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Also, I bet many parents wouldn't enjoy their 12 year old kids (which is quite common) playing a game they come see it and read bunch of people screaming profane stuff. I wouldn't pay for my son to pay such game.

You know what Vini? If you are so darn squemish that you can't emotionally handle hearing a profane word then you have no business whatsoever interacting with thousands of complete strangers on the internet. If you're too immature at 12 to deal with it, you need to quit the game until you have the emotional stability to realize other people are not going to say nice things all the darn time.

And that is the truth. If they can't handle a game where people are free to type what they wish then they need to go play ToonTown Online. I think that game would be more their speed and they will never see any profanity there since every conversation consumes of pre-defined chat options.

Nexus wouldn't be as good as a game if it was filled with profanity, drug reference, sexual harassment and other stuff like that.

It really wouldn't make any difference at all. The thing you don't quite grasp is many of the abusive peasants are actually bored Nexus players who are not looking to bother other regular nexus players-- they are looking to annoy YOU Judges! They want attention and you are willing to give it to them if they run around spamming. If the Judges went away a lot of the nonsense would stop because everyone is ignoring them now. They'd have no choice but to just ignore them. It's boring to be ignored so they give up on the abusive peasant tactic.

The only reason they bug non-Judges is because when you can't whisper a Judge (which is often) directly the next best way is to bug a big group of players until someone takes the bait and asks a Judge to come jail them.

I have played a lot of MMORPGs, almost all of which have thousands of more players than Nexus does on just 1 server alone. As I said before I'll say it again-- other games that don't regulate profanity in chat do not have people constantly cursing just for the hell of it. The worst that happens is someone spams something annoying with shout, like "what do I do??" or "looking for party". And that is resolved by just blocking the user with a few keystrokes.

The name of the game is what people directly intend to do. Too many people are jailed for indirect offenses. Someone who says they are drunk IRL is not offending anybody directly. It's not an insult, it's not a harrassment, it's just a statement they made about themselves.

That you can be jailed for not trying to harrass anyone is proof that the Justice system is severely flawed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TaiPatron
post Nov 5 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #17

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 474
Characters: TaiPatron

All im gunan say is.. if you got access to a credit card, then you shoudlent even worry about profanity.
Ok.. if you have a credit card, im pretty sure you can handle hearing some profanity. You give out your creditcard number online to register this game.. that is alot more serious then profanity.. it really is.

Besides, theres alot more things around people that can do more psycological damage then profanity. Like the drunk's of parents they could have, which makes them want to come to a reality world to escape from real life problems. And then this reality world seems to have more laws then real life does!

Going through school, elementry and highschool, these words were forbidden! now im outa school, and when i go off to play an online game, i get censorship there too!

All kru needs to do about the whole profanity thing is take away the profanity filter, like you can say butt, but not beavis and butthead it says "nuthead".
WOW, HOW OFFENSIVE IS AN OLD #1 TV show title?!

Acronyms.. why were they even bann? oh yeah people abused them. Id rather see acronyms again for sure, like they dont hurt anyone.. if you wanna bann an acronym, bann WoW, it has nothing to do with nexus AT ALL , profanity has its place.

The only problem with theprofanity is the ammount they'd use it. Liek someone could sit there scrolling it for hours, now anything said 3x or more in a row should be a problem, not an odd "ass" or "Female dog". excessive profanity.

All i see wrong with justice though is profanity.. it shouldent be illegal.. its a way of life.

btw: there needs to be more Moderation on board posting, or atleast more jailings for it. Like.. you already explained it, the excessive posters of justice cases, that lead no where.

If you wanna make a new law, make one about wasting a judges time. all those posts that are dropped, or no cases, should be punnished. Like someone once said.. you should have to give karma with every justice post you make, and if your case pulls through and someone is found guilty, your re imbursed.

iunno, im all over the place when i write these things.
I really make no sence most of the time

Me Kora, anglash plc

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lucifer
post Nov 5 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #18

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE(TaiPatron @ Nov 5 2006, 03:04 AM) [snapback]16361[/snapback]

All kru needs to do about the whole profanity thing is take away the profanity filter, like you can say butt, but not beavis and butthead it says "nuthead".
WOW, HOW OFFENSIVE IS AN OLD #1 TV show title?!

My final arrest on Lucifer was for calling DarkDesireX a "tramp". When I tried to tell Vini that not only was it an unfiltered word, but that it was also in the title of a DISNEY movie (Lady and the Tramp), tip came out of the shadows and said I was dumb sad.gif

(PS: "tramp" was an understatement. smile.gif She simply made a report to get back at me, not because she was truly offended.)

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Nov 5 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #19

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lucifer @ Nov 5 2006, 01:10 PM) [snapback]16391[/snapback]

My final arrest on Lucifer was for calling DarkDesireX a "tramp". When I tried to tell Vini that not only was it an unfiltered word, but that it was also in the title of a DISNEY movie (Lady and the Tramp), tip came out of the shadows and said I was dumb sad.gif

(PS: "tramp" was an understatement. smile.gif She simply made a report to get back at me, not because she was truly offended.)

Being an unfiltered word, ok. I can give you that one.

But dude, let's be realistic. You meant it as an insult and you've made that quite clear.

Yeah, Justice system is stupid and people should deal with their emo nonsense themselves. But dont try to act like you didnt intend to insult her. Be a man tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lucifer
post Nov 5 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #20

Ee san
Group Icon

QUOTE(darkmaverick @ Nov 5 2006, 01:12 AM) [snapback]16355[/snapback]

You know what Vini? If you are so darn squemish that you can't emotionally handle hearing a profane word then you have no business whatsoever interacting with thousands of complete strangers on the internet. If you're too immature at 12 to deal with it, you need to quit the game until you have the emotional stability to realize other people are not going to say nice things all the darn time.

And that is the truth. If they can't handle a game where people are free to type what they wish then they need to go play ToonTown Online. I think that game would be more their speed and they will never see any profanity there since every conversation consumes of pre-defined chat options.

QUOTE(darkmaverick @ Nov 5 2006, 04:43 PM) [snapback]16395[/snapback]

Being an unfiltered word, ok. I can give you that one.

But dude, let's be realistic. You meant it as an insult and you've made that quite clear.

Yeah, Justice system is stupid and people should deal with their emo nonsense themselves. But dont try to act like you didnt intend to insult her. Be a man tongue.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Hypocrite

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:56 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.