> Getting Money, via gathering materials
Chifchi
post Mar 16 2007, 03:59 PM
Post #21

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 151
Characters: chifchi,chifchirouge,Psyonik,chif

Didn't know there were rooms of rabbits that DON'T run. Rabbit just isn't my big hunting spot =P Are they the same rabbits/rooms in rabbit3? And if so, which? I lost my wooling spot for now and after the event is over, rab3 seems like a decent place to go for some cash.

in rabbit 3 all rabbits run except bosses thats why i prefer rabbit 2 where the rabbits spawn all in same spot not in the + pattern, that way i kill 4 at a time swinging to their backs at the same time ((dont remember room name))

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ace
post Mar 18 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #22

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 220

Woodcutting is way slower now with the new system, which is sad because the new system made it a lot easier to do without getting carpal tunnel. On the old system as a master cutter I used to get somewhere around 2k wood a day, spending about 2 to 3 hours. Now it takes me several days to get 1k at about the same time spent per day. Because of this I don't cut wood anymore. ><

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Mar 19 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #23

Level 99

Member No.: 1,422
Characters: Unknown

QUOTE(PoeticTruth @ Mar 15 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]29131[/snapback]

so... hunt people for money. Is that what you're suggesting Kami?

Personally, a game I play now is based off of Realms, there where you go out on Battle grounds and fight and if you get kills you get money small amounts, but it adds up. Not saying you should lose any money when you die, you should just lose like dura on your items. This would be the greatest way of making money, because I don't know why you would play a game if you don't like PvP or RvR in this case.

So yes, Hunt people for money.

--------------------
The Unknown, happens.

+Quote Post
PureLight
post Apr 10 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #24

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 257

IMO Mining is the way to go IF you can find someone to buy your ore off you all the time OR you smelt and smith. Here is the breakdown that I have.
With a Master miner I can gather around this 12.5/25/10/2 in about 4 minutes including transit time. If I do that for an hour I can get in 12 runs in an hour without straining that's 150/300/125/25 giving myself an aditional 5 high and 1 very high for the time I have leftover.

If I sold that I could get 36/40/60/15 assuming I sell for 6/8/12/15 that's 151k an hour mining.

My friend has a legendary smelter, master smith with a 12/25/10/1 load of ore he can easily get about 20k smelting and smithing generally ranging between 18 and 23k. If I were to get same skill as him assuming same numbers as before I could get 240k an hour any time of day without having to look for people to sell my results to.

A Legendary smelter (only thing I have numbers for), master miner who gets the same loads as I do can smelt each load and get an average of 25 mixed metal per load. With 12 loads coming in an hour that's 300 metal an hour, Mixed metal can sell for 700/1k 1k takes 3.3 hours 700/3.3= 212k/hour If you get lucky and sell for 750k/k you make 227/hour

Lets break this down
Just mining (master miner):151k/hour
Mining+Smelting(Master+Legendary):212k/hour
Mining+Smelting+Smithing(Master+Legendary+Master):240k/hour

Using other people's numbers:
GrandCross (woodcutting):50k/hour
GrandCross (reg Amber hunting):153k/hour (But also is maxed rab2 meaning no stat up)
GrandCross (Wooling IF you bother getting 1k): 156k/hour
GrandCross (Wooling 1 hour only): 139k (Will never get faster)
Rhew (Dark amber w/ partner): 228k/hour split 2 ways:114k/hour
AllyGator (reg ambers):80k/hour
AllyGator (dark amber):90k/hour
Ace (Woodcutting): 160k/hour
PureLight (Dark amber (No partner)) 130k/hour(Cave to myself)
PureLight (Dark amber (w/ partner)) 260k/hour(Cave to ourselves) after split 130k/hour

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Apr 10 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #25

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

Sounds great, but as any other skill, you need to waste half your life getting anywhere with it(and losing potential money along the way as you use your ore/metal instead of selling). Thanks for the numbers though, always wondered if smithing was worth it. *Edit* Oh and I have to say, your results for smelting and then smelting + smithing is off because that's obviously longer than an hour since you have to refine and manufacture your goods. Not sure on the exact length that would add, but some, anyhow.

If I had the woodlands from a month+ prior, I'd say that 139k estimate is way off. Minimum 200k an hour when I had it to myself if not 240k+(I got close to 1k an hour). Of course with it now being absolutely horrible comparing it alongside it's former self...I've given up wooling and have gone on to woodcutting. Extremely slow(as I'm ALMOST talented), but atleast it's easy and for most purposes, afk, lol. All I pay attention to is that I have an axe in hand, am not full on wood, am facing a tree, and no one is talking to me. That, atleast, beats any other skill because you must put a bit of concentration into them(or amber hunting).

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
PureLight
post Apr 11 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #26

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vortextk @ Apr 10 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]31099[/snapback]

Sounds great, but as any other skill, you need to waste half your life getting anywhere with it(and losing potential money along the way as you use your ore/metal instead of selling). Thanks for the numbers though, always wondered if smithing was worth it. *Edit* Oh and I have to say, your results for smelting and then smelting + smithing is off because that's obviously longer than an hour since you have to refine and manufacture your goods. Not sure on the exact length that would add, but some, anyhow.

If I had the woodlands from a month+ prior, I'd say that 139k estimate is way off. Minimum 200k an hour when I had it to myself if not 240k+(I got close to 1k an hour). Of course with it now being absolutely horrible comparing it alongside it's former self...I've given up wooling and have gone on to woodcutting. Extremely slow(as I'm ALMOST talented), but atleast it's easy and for most purposes, afk, lol. All I pay attention to is that I have an axe in hand, am not full on wood, am facing a tree, and no one is talking to me. That, atleast, beats any other skill because you must put a bit of concentration into them(or amber hunting).

I neglected the time it takes to smelt and smith because the time spent doing these things is negligable, I can smelt and smith an hour worth of ore in under 10 minutes so at least to me it doesn't matter, If I smelt before depositing the ore I can get the same results in an hour and 5 mins.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Leonis
post Apr 11 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #27

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 10
Characters: Bless

Whats the mining rate for someone who just started?

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Apr 11 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #28

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

K I wasn't sure how fast you can actually smelt/smith because I don't do any skills currently except woodcutting. Got EE with poems and any other character I get ee will get it the same way or not at all =P

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
PIEMINISTER
post Apr 11 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #29

Sa san
Group Icon

Group: Banished
Member No.: 531

Nice post Grand Cross, but I think you should take into account how long it took you to actually get a maxed rage 3 into the equation aswell, people can pretty much start woodcutting out of the gate, and wooling effectivley within a short while.

Some other goods options for making money is Rabbit races, I've made a lot of money (millions) over a long period of time.

Someone mentioned scamming... (This is waaaaaay of topic) and I was actually thinking of that maybe 2 months ago when someone was trying to scam me, I couldn't help but laugh his attempt was pitiful, not to glorify scamming or anything but back in the day there were some GENIUS scams that had tons of preperation and thought put into them (I never condoned it, and never did it but I was always amazed at the complexity some of these people had with their scams, where as today they are the complete opposite.)

+Quote Post
PureLight
post Apr 12 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #30

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Leonis @ Apr 11 2007, 06:35 AM) [snapback]31120[/snapback]

Whats the mining rate for someone who just started?

Decent, you can get 25 poor and an assortment of others in 12 mins if you are quick about it, the problem is you max out on poor ore before anything else until about skilled or talented and that means you are making less money than if you are skilled+, but then again It's easy to get at LEAST adept miner becuase it's just repeating the same keystrokes for me dd, over dd, over dd,over dd, df,dd,dd, also Mining can be faster because player skill is taken into account, with woodcutting anyone who is adept will cut at the same rate as any other adept, with mining, you put someone who hasn't practiced onto a adept char and put someone who has the person who practices will get their ore FAR faster than the one who is new to it.

PureLight

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Zfire
post Apr 13 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #31

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 2,091
Characters: Zfire, Evan, MainStatment, ZPOET

This is some really good information. I will do a chart for master woodcutting today. Maybe Amber hunting as an Ee mage..

+Quote Post
Zfire
post Apr 13 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #32

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 2,091
Characters: Zfire, Evan, MainStatment, ZPOET

Okay! Master wood cutter here!

I did 5 trips.

Average time is : 6 Minutes 35 Seconds

Thats.. 211.66 minutes to get 1000 wood.. thats 211.66/60 ( hours ) thats 3.52 so thats 3 Hours and 31 minutes ( because .52 is 52% of 60 minutes)

Comes out to 113k/hour about...

+Quote Post
Sxymail
post Apr 16 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #33

Level 99

Member No.: 285

My best gathering method is dark amber hunting in 91 mantis or ogre.

I gather 50-60 Dark ambers solo per 15 minutes plus tarnished. However the tarnished covers repairs, so I just don't count those.

Thats about 200k an hour if I was bored enough to do it and sold in large batches, and I don't have to share since I'm doing this alone.

However a high powered Ee/Sam rogue is the only path that could probably do this well.

I'm doubt a comparable warrior at the same stats could do the same, due to the fact that rogues can continually LS for consistently high damage on black mantis. Plus I use bladestorm and snare for higher efficiency. A warrior couldn't vita with the same consistency, damage, and safety that a rogue can.

I don't have a warrior though, so these are just assumptions based on my thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong =P

But yea, dark ambers are currently the fastest way I can gather to make money, but I'm usually too lazy, haha

Sxy

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Apr 21 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #34

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

QUOTE(Zfire @ Apr 13 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]31315[/snapback]

Okay! Master wood cutter here!
I did 5 trips.

Average time is : 6 Minutes 35 Seconds
Thats.. 211.66 minutes to get 1000 wood.. thats 211.66/60 ( hours ) thats 3.52 so thats 3 Hours and 31 minutes ( because .52 is 52% of 60 minutes)

Comes out to 113k/hour about...

I just tested this in totem time with my master woodcutter and it's almost precisely the same.

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Apr 21 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #35

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Skill Information

I've just updated this page. Check my math where I've had to calculate time for 1k gathered. I have horrible math skills.

I have not included prices because that varies with the amount you sell, the buyer and the market.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Mercenary
post Apr 21 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #36

Level 99

Member No.: 2,239

Wooling is my favorite way of making money.

+Quote Post
Anson
post Apr 22 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #37

Level 5

Member No.: 1,077

Hi, I wonder how much dark ambers an Ee warrior can get in 1 hour by soloing in rabbit 3?

My warrior currently is Il r6, but he only gathers about 30 dark ambers in 15 minutes...it's slow. I also have an Ee rogue. Would it be faster if I use my rogue to gather dark ambers by soloing in 90 mantis? Any suggestions? Thanks!

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Apr 23 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #38

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Yesterday my Il san rogue, c4 (but I only used c3) took 1 hr 45 min to gather 100 dark amber in 91 mantis. She also maxed on tarnished for 12k cash.

+Quote Post
Tynan
post Apr 23 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #39

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

QUOTE(Anson @ Apr 22 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]32150[/snapback]

Hi, I wonder how much dark ambers an Ee warrior can get in 1 hour by soloing in rabbit 3?

My warrior currently is Il r6, but he only gathers about 30 dark ambers in 15 minutes...it's slow. I also have an Ee rogue. Would it be faster if I use my rogue to gather dark ambers by soloing in 90 mantis? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rabbit3 is terrible, that is why. tongue.gif Things run!

91 Mantis is the best, in my opinion. I am an ee san warrior who is capable of raging to 5 alone, rage after rage, and raging to 5 I can pull about 50 Dark Ambers every 15 minutes, assuming both caves are not crowded.

This equates to about 200K per hour when everything is sold.

+Quote Post
Sxymail
post Apr 23 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #40

Level 99

Member No.: 285

i guess that answers my question if warriors can solo darks as fast as rogues, haha

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:27 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.