IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Justice System, Would you like to see it go away?
Justice System
Would you like to see the Justice system abolished?
Yes [ 42 ] ** [51.85%]
No [ 39 ] ** [48.15%]
Total Votes: 75
Guests cannot vote 
Vortextk
post Sep 1 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #41

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

I think the system is ass and yet have never been jailed nor feel the need to ever. So what category do I fall under? Intelligent person who knows the justice system is a bunch of crap maintained by a gaming company LAUGHING AT IT'S CUSTOMERS FOR DOING THEIR WORK AND REFUSING TO DEAL WITH ANY INGAME PROBLEMS THEMSELVES?

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aens
post Sep 2 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #42

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,502

Removing the justice system will give players the ability to play without consequences. Right now we are risticted to what we are allowed to do and although in alot of cases that is helpful letting players deal with their own problems would be much better. Players have alot of power of their own when it comes to clan subpaths carnages and such where they can remove/ban players from areas. If someones harassing you just f9 them and stop being so emotional. The way i see the justice, is that it is an instrument of revenge and blackmail. Being part of the nexus for so long I've seen the justice system used as leverage against other players to get their way. Hell, in some cases people like to take the spy rp to an extreme and stalk others on random characters just waiting for the lil screenshot to obtain that leverage.
More annoying is all these OOC/PK players that talk so much trash that you want to /faceplam yourself but they will try to get you jailed for saying anything remotly jailable, Not because they are offended, but because they want to ruin you. The justice system is bad. The only thing that should be punished in this game is character sharing+hacking/3rd party programs. There shouldn't be archons and judges lingering around dictating what is considered hateful/abusive content when you know its just RP. Theres a filter, thats good enough if people by pass the filter who the hell cares. Kids play the game, big damn deal, their parents should monitor them or they shouldn't play at all. Shouldn't be kru's job to babysit the children of others. To many people have been abused by the system. I have only had one run in with the Archon Dalnum for a time I copy and pasted a link from my works cited page (as I was working on a report at the time) into a sage on accident and I was imediatly jailed. After using another character to contact dalnum to explain the situation she/he unjailed me even though I lose my voice for a week or so I was grateful, but the point is wth, accident with no warning.
I especially think that when you are in a position of remote power you always have to watch your back from those that have the green eyes. They will abuse this system just to take you down.

This is a negative view, but I feel it represents the truth. You don't need people telling you how to play in a virtual world.

--------------------
-Nexus Atlas Reporter
-KSG

+Quote Post
Blackh
post Sep 2 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #43

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 992

QUOTE(Aens @ Sep 2 2008, 01:05 PM) [snapback]59525[/snapback]

Removing the justice system will give players the ability to play without consequences. Right now we are risticted to what we are allowed to do and although in alot of cases that is helpful letting players deal with their own problems would be much better. Players have alot of power of their own when it comes to clan subpaths carnages and such where they can remove/ban players from areas. If someones harassing you just f9 them and stop being so emotional. The way i see the justice, is that it is an instrument of revenge and blackmail. Being part of the nexus for so long I've seen the justice system used as leverage against other players to get their way. Hell, in some cases people like to take the spy rp to an extreme and stalk others on random characters just waiting for the lil screenshot to obtain that leverage.
More annoying is all these OOC/PK players that talk so much trash that you want to /faceplam yourself but they will try to get you jailed for saying anything remotly jailable, Not because they are offended, but because they want to ruin you. The justice system is bad. The only thing that should be punished in this game is character sharing+hacking/3rd party programs. There shouldn't be archons and judges lingering around dictating what is considered hateful/abusive content when you know its just RP. Theres a filter, thats good enough if people by pass the filter who the hell cares. Kids play the game, big damn deal, their parents should monitor them or they shouldn't play at all. Shouldn't be kru's job to babysit the children of others. To many people have been abused by the system. I have only had one run in with the Archon Dalnum for a time I copy and pasted a link from my works cited page (as I was working on a report at the time) into a sage on accident and I was imediatly jailed. After using another character to contact dalnum to explain the situation she/he unjailed me even though I lose my voice for a week or so I was grateful, but the point is wth, accident with no warning.
I especially think that when you are in a position of remote power you always have to watch your back from those that have the green eyes. They will abuse this system just to take you down.

This is a negative view, but I feel it represents the truth. You don't need people telling you how to play in a virtual world.

Wow! Exactly! Who actually gets offended by "[Content removed] you"?

+Quote Post
Grand Cross
post Sep 12 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #44

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,402
Characters: GrandCross, Beoulve

Wow, a clear 28/28 split.

Personally, yes, I think it needs to go, as well as the whole "family-oriented" name that KRU is trying to put up for Nexus.

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if the marks themselves didn't hurt players so much. I keep hearing if you make one sorry little mistake and get jailed, it'll haunt you forever. No matter how much of an honest-to-god good person you might be, that mark will prevent you from being able to do a lot of things. It's pretty unfair IMO to be judged entirely for one little mistake.

But again, I wouldn't mind if the Justice system was still around, but just that the marks given are alleviated and not so fatal for a character.

+Quote Post
Michike
post Sep 14 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #45

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 78

I voted yes, and what I mean with yes, is let go of the profanity rules. The rest of the justice cases all have their right to be here but profanity as put by Aens is used in most cases as a tool to ruin another character. The justice system fails to rid Nexus of griefers because it has become a tool for griefers to use.

I have no problem with Nexus being a family oriented game and yes, I've met quite a few kids on the game too. I can understand the parents that chose to protect their children from swearing but do you honestly believe the justice system is the best way to handle that problem ?

--------------------
Michike Kamiyama R.I.P.
QUOTE (Alston @ Feb 15 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Nexus is a big example of how most governmental systems work (with a few differences, of course).

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Sep 15 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #46

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

I just don't see room for a system where after 3 years of playing, slipping up and saying a curse in the heat of the moment totally ruins your character.

SOME justice matters need to be handled by people (like humans, hired by KRU, not in-game players), but it really should be handled out of game more. I like how WoW does it in this regard. If you do something to harrass someone else and they catch it from the logs, you get like a 1 day ban. The more you do it, the more you are going to get until they just finally ban you. But these things never actually screw your real character over, and while I'm all for roleplaying a 'bad guy,' most of justice is not based on roleplay whatsoever, and I think if subpaths could use their red marks to roleplay more and take out vendettas less, they could be the ones to assist 'bad guys' by marking as such.

I know, I rant about WoW constantly, but this is yet another example of how this game really should change based on what other games out there are doing better. I only use WoW as it is the most popular example, I really don't know of ANY game that allows patrons to harrass other patrons like justice does in Nexus. In fact, I don't think any decent MMO has anything like the justice system Nexus has.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Sep 16 2008, 12:58 AM
Post #47

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

Gamble skipping is the dumbest crime ever.

They should just make the Merchant path Gamble spell available to all characters and tell people to use that. If they then use the /roll command and get scammed, it becomes their own fault.

As it is now, they will never "deter" gambling with red marks, because someone can just make an alt on another account to do their scamming. And even if the support staff does checks on connections between scammer accounts, I can't imagine how much time the support staff wastes doing checks on this sort of thing. It is just a totally inefficient method that could be simply resolved with the gambling spell that already exists!

I admit, I look down on gambling. I think it is only used by those that want to get money for doing nothing, which isn't really the point of playing these games. Gamble skipping cases shouldn't be taking over the Justice board.

The amazingly wonderful thing about a videogame is that if you don't want someone to be able to do something, you can code the game so they can't do it!

You don't have to ask people to nicely not do something.
You don't have to choose a group of players to cyber-jail other players if they decide to break the rules.

You can just make it so the rule can't be broken in the first place.

There is no legitimate reason for a player-ran Justice system. It is inefficient at deterring griefing and it has been abused countless times by disgruntled Judges. The whole thing can be replaced with a gambling spell and a better profanity filter.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Ildatch
post Sep 17 2008, 10:15 PM
Post #48

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 489

I believe that the justice system needs to be abolished. It has almost always been a personal vendetta board and quite frankly, I don't want my character's future in the hands of another player. There is something wrong with that notion.

On a side note, at one time on one of my many mages(Ildatch) I had happened to be roleplaying a "master criminal" but I never resorted to stealing. I kept true to that roleplay only when I was on him, but of course, justice restricts freedom of roleplaying. Needless to say, I was jailed by LoO( nly because I had evaded Katia, she could never capture me!) and branded by like five different marks but I digress..

Justice should only exist in the control of the company and only with severe issues. If you read the justice board all you will see is the most immature, barely understandable posts. It's kind of sad how far it has fallen.

P.S. does anyone know the exact reason why they stopped people from being scourged/vexed in non-pk areas? I had always attributed to my mass spree of murders and attempted murders but that could be just a coincidence...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 AM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.