post Dec 14 2008, 05:42 AM
Post #21

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 12,406
Characters: wtsmyidentity

QUOTE (Doctor @ Dec 12 2008, 10:30 PM) *
It's been this way since the start of the game and I imagine it is the way in baram. If you want things to change you should pick a different game.

Sorry for replying so late,

When did you start playing? 2 years ago?

There's a reason nexus celebrated a 10 year anniversary, try looking into it. ty.

And this is the only game hypothetically that you should be able to change things, doctor.

Dreams
Rambling Thoughts
Constant interaction with the Programmer [mug]
Constant interaction with Archons who have connections with mug and also have high powers
Actual Players IN Power positions. Elder judge etc.
In what other game do you see the community ran by it's members? That's why I played nexus for so long,
but time is a corrupter and no one seems to realize it. As time passes, the same people are there with more
wrinkles and more problems.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rivia
post Dec 17 2008, 11:15 AM
Post #22

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 12,661

That's correct. Sam rogue > EE warrior and Sa rogue > Sam warrior. I agree that invis-out should be fixed as you said, Rachel.

Might is the same for both (150) and so does DAM (25). Rage/Cunning is 120s aeth for warrior and 150s aeth for rogue, for the whole 937s (I got this from my warrior and rogue characters)

the error margin shouldn't be more than +/- 3%

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Dec 20 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #23

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

Did your formula account for the fact that warriors need to dump experience into a stat that they can only use for Rage at the early parts of their progression?

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
Rivia
post Dec 20 2008, 11:31 PM
Post #24

Level 5

Member No.: 12,661

QUOTE (Yeas @ Dec 20 2008, 10:17 AM) *
Did your formula account for the fact that warriors need to dump experience into a stat that they can only use for Rage at the early parts of their progression?

My point is, warriors don't get any problem at getting hunts since R2. R2 is, 7k mana? They do great in CY with only R3.

Rogues have problem getting hunts forever after 500/250 (Anch3) stats until one hit

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Dec 22 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #25

Sam san
Group Icon

I'm not sure about that.

Since the introduction of PA, a rogue is going to be taken over a warrior until at least Rage 4. A warrior is going to suffer on the lower end of the scale, by either being stuck in sub-par groups or lower caves. If you are looking for a number balance, you'll be waiting a while, end game. There are plenty of rogues that are well over 500/250. Whats the secret? Make friends.

Heres a little story of what making friends can do:

Poor little Zartos was a weak il san warrior that had trouble finding hunts. He went and found himself a brand-new 99 poet, and worked with him and hunted him up to a level that could hunt with him. He took a situation where he was going no where and found himself a poet dedicated to him, and him alone.

You're talking like rogues magically ended up at 500/250, they have a lovely time getting to those stats. A warrior still has to suffer through a lot of crap. So if you can't find hunts, maybe you need to think outside the box like Zartos did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
darkmaverick
post Dec 23 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #26

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 90
Characters: DarkMaverick

QUOTE (Yeas @ Dec 22 2008, 08:15 PM) *
You're talking like rogues magically ended up at 500/250, they have a lovely time getting to those stats. A warrior still has to suffer through a lot of crap. So if you can't find hunts, maybe you need to think outside the box like Zartos did.

Ideally, a player shouldn't have to do something like that in order to be able to advance their character. Classes should be balanced so they are all neccessary for optimal grouping at every state of character progression, and thus people looking to party will actively look for those members.

It should not be "find a healer" if you are a fighter and "find a fighter" if you are a healer; and find a Mage if the fighter -wants- to use a polearm.

It should be "Find one of every class, because they each have a specific job in the party no one else can do and we NEED that job to be done".

There is only four classes in the game. It really shouldn't be so hard to get this right.

--------------------
I host The RPG Fanatic Youtube Show. Home of fanatical reviews and commentary about RPGs.
And my top picks for Sa san warrior shield were......

...I totally want that sword too.

+Quote Post
Destyn
post Dec 25 2008, 03:09 AM
Post #27

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

QUOTE (darkmaverick @ Dec 23 2008, 06:03 PM) *
Ideally, a player shouldn't have to do something like that in order to be able to advance their character. Classes should be balanced so they are all neccessary for optimal grouping at every state of character progression, and thus people looking to party will actively look for those members.

It should not be "find a healer" if you are a fighter and "find a fighter" if you are a healer; and find a Mage if the fighter -wants- to use a polearm.

It should be "Find one of every class, because they each have a specific job in the party no one else can do and we NEED that job to be done".

There is only four classes in the game. It really shouldn't be so hard to get this right.

Heh, I honestly agree with you that all paths should be needed to get optimal experience. However, I am very sure that mug will not take the time to develop very specific roles for each path, so that just isn't realistic. There has to be another fix to this problem.

And as for people saying it is hard for warriors to get a hunt from R2 - R4, you don't know what you're talking about. I just started a poet this last week and I hunted plenty with R2 and R3 warriors. You guys don't seem to understand how good overflow really is and how easy courtyard is to duo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post Jan 8 2009, 06:24 AM
Post #28

Level 5

Member No.: 67
Characters: NirvanaMan

Agreed Destyn I've got myself a new 99 warrior (CR) I have no problem getting hunts than I ever did on my sam rogue pre 500/250

--------------------

You got Mug'ed
Definition: When you try to help someone but only make things worse

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Jan 9 2009, 02:05 AM
Post #29

Sam san
Group Icon

A 99 Rogue doesn't have trouble finding a hunt either =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destyn
post Jan 9 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #30

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 8,817

That doesn't matter for this. People were arguing that because warriors had a tough time getting a hunt at 99, that rogues should have that favored returned later on. But since that statement isn't true, their arguement is not valid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imabandage
post Aug 13 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #31

Level 5

Group: Peasants
Member No.: 8,386

Roll a poet or a mage, or quit, problem solved smile.gif

+Quote Post
Akidoshi
post Sep 14 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #32

Level 99

Member No.: 1,166

or buy world shout / spam ctrl+w board for CY hunt.

only thing I think would be tight keep rogue sleepin for warrior til rogue buff enough to duo w poet checker trap style.

but ambush does not use a weapon hidden power...what if they played w this idea to make rogue randomly deal criticals or strong spell to make rogue do buff dmg based on luck/randomness not constant like most hunting is.

honestly I don't mind sleepin for warrior and pullin mobs, lettin ppl oogle over their leet stat, world shouting for hunt...this can sometimes keep me 90-100% occupied

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Sep 21 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #33

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

Rogues are fine, rogues are a PK oriented, soloing path. If you wanted a path for mass hunt and killing large amount of groups. Be a warrior. Warriors are tanks, they tank the large groups, rogues are soloists, they kill one at a time dealing massive damage at once. This is what they do, that isnt broken.

You dont like rogues as they are, pick a new damn path!

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Sep 21 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #34

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Sarphendon @ Sep 21 2010, 08:14 AM) *
Rogues are fine, rogues are a PK oriented, soloing path. If you wanted a path for mass hunt and killing large amount of groups. Be a warrior. Warriors are tanks, they tank the large groups, rogues are soloists, they kill one at a time dealing massive damage at once. This is what they do, that isnt broken.

qft.

--------------------

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Sep 21 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #35

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

QUOTE (Sarphendon @ Sep 21 2010, 11:14 AM) *

Or make soloable caves for every path so if you cant find a hunt after searching for hours on end you can go somewhere and get atleast 50% exp of what a normal hunt would be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
piff
post Oct 20 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #36

Level 5

Member No.: 13,588

orrrrr, give crafting experience for all crafts, like that other game did.

+Quote Post
YanDaMan
post Oct 24 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #37

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 184
Characters: YanDaMan, YanTheMan

QUOTE (WestSideR @ Sep 21 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Or make soloable caves for every path so if you cant find a hunt after searching for hours on end you can go somewhere and get atleast 50% exp of what a normal hunt would be.

As nice as this sounds, terrible game design prevent this from ever being possible. You cant solo anything when each attack eats 50% of your life or more. Thats why everyone, even mages, require poets to solo. Albeit mages can at least heal themselves to a degree.

--------------------
lol @ u

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:56 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.