IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are You More Likely To...
Are you more likely to...
Are you more likely to click on a Sell or Buy post if it has the item names in the title or if it just says "bank sale" or something similar?
Click on a Buy/Sell post that has the items in the title [ 16 ] ** [34.04%]
Click on a Buy/Sell post that says "Bank Sale" or something similar [ 11 ] ** [23.40%]
I'll click on either [ 16 ] ** [34.04%]
I don't use either board [ 4 ] ** [8.51%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Killeh
post Jan 22 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #1

Il san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 148

So, are you more likely to look at a Sell or Buy post if it has the item names in the title or if it just says "bank sale" or something similar? I look at both, depending on what I'm looking for, but what about you~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Jan 22 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #2

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

When you say "look at" do you mean click on the actual post? If there's a post titled "S> Holy Ring 45k" I obviously won't need to open it up. The posts I'm looking at are the ones that I have to in order to see what's specifically being bought/sold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Jan 22 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mazel @ Jan 22 2010, 08:16 PM) *
When you say "look at" do you mean click on the actual post? If there's a post titled "S> Holy Ring 45k" I obviously won't need to open it up. The posts I'm looking at are the ones that I have to in order to see what's specifically being bought/sold.

Yeah I mean click on the post. I guess I'll edit that real quick

+Quote Post
Falaris
post Jan 22 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #4

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 46
Characters: Falaris, everclear

If the boards here are updated, I just used their search feature to find if anyone was selling, with variations on spelling and using acronyms too.

If I have to scan, I'm looking at titles. I'll avoid bank sales unless the item is a common one (any mythic drop, etc.) in which case it would be likely to be found in a post like that.

Item names in the titles are just more useful. If you can't fit it all, at least put in a few items and then "more" at the end to let people know you are selling some quality stuff instead of junk. Most bank sales are just that, junk.

-Falaris

--------------------

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Jan 22 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

start a pointless thread that everyone reads and then regrets wasting their time with it and nexus itself
good job, you just killed nexus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Euphoria
post Jan 23 2010, 12:12 AM
Post #6

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 446

depends what im looking for

I look at the names of the people selling items because its easy to tell people trying to make more money than an items worth by who they are.

if its something small I need, "bank sale" posts are good

and any post with "prices" is a plus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jan 23 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #7

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

What Falaris said.

And while were on the topic of buy/sell..

I HATE when people say whisper me offer, then u do and they just say no thanks and end the conversation. like wdf?

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Jan 23 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #8

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I have tons of stuff I need to sell but I hate selling stuff. I've posted with items in the title and using various other titles. The other things that people really like to buy are level 50 hand items and level 90 weapons. I wish the merchants would keep a decent price list going. One day if I can find out the real price of stuff I'll crack open my banks where I've been storing stuff for over 5 years and have a clearance sale! Whee event items galore!

:whine:

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Jan 23 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #9

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jan 23 2010, 01:31 AM) *
What Falaris said.

And while were on the topic of buy/sell..

I HATE when people say whisper me offer, then u do and they just say no thanks and end the conversation. like wdf?

HEY I'M SELLIN A ROCK
K I BUY FOR 5K
LOL NOWAY BYE
WELL HOW MUCH WERE YOU EXPECTING?
LIKE, I DUNNO, 20K?

THEN JUST SAY THAT IN YOUR DARNING POST/SAGE ASDLFJASKF

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jan 23 2010, 06:00 PM
Post #10

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 85
Characters: Rachel

I'll read the ones that say "Bank sale" most often, because you don't need to read the ones that include the item in the title.

If you're willing to buy a couple of their items, they'll usually give you good deals because they're trying to clear up space and you're saving them time. Plus, a lot of other potential buyers don't read the whole post. Sometimes there are hidden treasures mixed in with the apples and soup bowls.

Prices in the post don't matter, they're just different. If the post has prices, usually they won't go under those prices. So you're basically just looking to see if there's one or two items that they're selling for a low price. If the post doesn't have prices, it means you have more room to work with, especially if you're buying a couple items.

--------------------
Work continues on the continuation of the Story

+Quote Post
Skum
post Jan 23 2010, 09:31 PM
Post #11

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,163
Characters: Skum

It depends on what I'm looking for....

Usually I go for the Bank sale posts, because there's more in the way of items I can afford. Also, like Rachel said, most of the time there's no point in reading ones that are labeled with the names of the 1 or 2 items in them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Jan 23 2010, 11:40 PM
Post #12

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rachel @ Jan 23 2010, 06:00 PM) *
I'll read the ones that say "Bank sale" most often, because you don't need to read the ones that include the item in the title.

If you're willing to buy a couple of their items, they'll usually give you good deals because they're trying to clear up space and you're saving them time. Plus, a lot of other potential buyers don't read the whole post. Sometimes there are hidden treasures mixed in with the apples and soup bowls.

Prices in the post don't matter, they're just different. If the post has prices, usually they won't go under those prices. So you're basically just looking to see if there's one or two items that they're selling for a low price. If the post doesn't have prices, it means you have more room to work with, especially if you're buying a couple items.

buy my 600 Roses plz

+Quote Post
stabme
post Jan 24 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #13

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Killeh @ Jan 23 2010, 11:40 PM) *
buy my 600 Roses plz

there's better ways to sell 600 roses.

first, have a tabloid publish a photo of you lying in a bed of 600 roses, a la american beauty, but not so underage, and with all the thorns and all so we know it's real. nothing kinkier than a girl with blood mish mashed everywhere (except there).

second, have an escrow or third party service whom somehow acquired these roses you were lying on in the leaked photo sell the ALLEDGED KILLEH ROSES for a huge celebrity-wus-hurr cred profit margin. get a price cut off from it, or, even better, sell the roses at a high mark-up to said service, let them deal with the profiteering.

third, ???

fourth YOU ALREADY MADE PROFIT, YEAH

(not to mention a lot of adoring fans)

--------------------
IMEDIAT: I am the Lixir! I speak for the Wars!
I no longer Elixir or draw Imediat. I now help make music free for all: Grooveshark

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jan 24 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #14

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

I usually don't use those boards... By the time I read a sell post, the poster has probably already sold the item I want, or logged off for God knows how long, and our times rarely sync up. By the time someone reads my sell or buy posts, I've probably already sold or bought the item I wanted through sage. With such a small population, the boards aren't particularly useful unless you're buying or selling something very rare and expensive that will take several days to sell anyway.

Oh, and I'll buy your roses, Killeh.

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jan 24 2010, 11:00 PM
Post #15

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Killeh @ Jan 23 2010, 10:40 PM) *
buy my 600 Roses plz

6k. smile.gif

By the time someone reads my sell or buy posts, I've probably already sold or bought the item I wanted through sage. With such a small population, the boards aren't particularly useful unless you're buying or selling something very rare and expensive that will take several days to sell anyway.

That annoys me.

Unless it's a bank sale, there's no excuse to leave up a post for a single item that's already been bought or sold. Delete your posts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Killeh
post Jan 26 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #16

Il san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Laren @ Jan 24 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Hi Renal!

@Rachel, yeah but sometimes you forget about the post until someone whispers you about it

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Jan 26 2010, 12:39 AM
Post #17

Oh san
Group Icon

QUOTE (Killeh @ Jan 25 2010, 11:07 PM) *
@Rachel, yeah but sometimes you forget about the post until someone whispers you about it

Right.. but at THAT point you can delete it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sigma
post Jan 27 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #18

Level 5

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,261
Characters: Sigma MotaHead Gemini

QUOTE (Laren @ Jan 24 2010, 01:05 PM) *
I usually don't use those boards... By the time I read a sell post, the poster has probably already sold the item I want, or logged off for God knows how long, and our times rarely sync up. By the time someone reads my sell or buy posts, I've probably already sold or bought the item I wanted through sage. With such a small population, the boards aren't particularly useful unless you're buying or selling something very rare and expensive that will take several days to sell anyway.

I agree Laren. I don't use the boards for the same reasons. I find it easier to just Sage on aethers and throw in a world shout or two from time to time, when I need to buy/sell anything.

--------------------
"LIFE IS HARD, IT IS EVEN HARDER WHEN YOUR STUPID"

Sigma

+Quote Post
Yeas
post Feb 18 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #19

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,209

I use the online search function, way better. Can't expect people to title things correctly.

--------------------
"With great power, comes great blame" - The Order of the Stick

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Feb 18 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #20

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

It depends on what I'm looking to do..

If I'm looking for something specific, I'll only click on a post that mentions that item.

If I'm just looking to find something cool for cheap, just to resell at a later date, always go for the bank sales.

Not to mention if you make your "Bank sale" post interesting (like putting L O.O K in there or use caps, etc), and then efficiently advertise your post through Sage noting a few of the key items you got in there, but making sure you've got a few cheaper items mixed in on the post (ex- expensive stuff and cheap stuff, something for everyone!), you end up selling a lot more a lot faster =D

<-- knows from experience

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:03 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.