IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hunting Strategies, Which do you perfer?
Hunting Strategies
How do you like to Hunt?
Sleep Traps with Attacks [ 23 ] ** [27.06%]
Polearm Setting [ 24 ] ** [28.24%]
Duo/Trio without Sleeps or PA [ 27 ] ** [31.76%]
Other/Multiple (Specify please) [ 11 ] ** [12.94%]
Total Votes: 85
Guests cannot vote 
KingKong
post Jul 18 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #41

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 13,065

QUOTE (Yeas @ Dec 21 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Well generally speaking, you don't use a PA when there is no mage. No mage means swinging mobs, and your vita attacks will not always be on aethers as you will more likely be waiting for a poet to catch up healing you or just in a bad situation to throw out a WW.

When will poets and warriors learn to work together. Zerk, then while the poet is still healing you cast WW, you will live through almost anything since the poet is continually healing you. Then zerk again, then wash/repeat.

I used to teach poets this when I hunted with them on my warrior. This should be common knowledge. A duo in any 99+ cave is very easy if you do this.

--------------------
Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KingKong
post Aug 2 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #42

Level 99

Member No.: 13,065

QUOTE (KingKong @ Jul 18 2011, 10:04 PM) *
When will poets and warriors learn to work together. Zerk, then while the poet is still healing you cast WW, you will live through almost anything since the poet is continually healing you. Then zerk again, then wash/repeat.

I used to teach poets this when I hunted with them on my warrior. This should be common knowledge. A duo in any 99+ cave is very easy if you do this.

forreal this ^. People are so dumb. When I play my warrior, which is by far my weakest character, I always teach this to the poet like im holding a class.

Warrior zerks
Poet heals until the warrior is full and until he whirlwinds and is full vita again
warrior zerks, poet heals
Warrior zerks and then the poet heals until the warrior is full vita and through his next whirlwild.

This makes duoing very safe and idiot proof.

--------------------
Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

+Quote Post
Sarphendon
post Aug 3 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #43

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 960
Characters: Sarphendon, Tzeentch, Glow, FedX

I generally get a diamond of sleeps and a small armada of poets healings there little fingers to premature carpel tunnel. if I hunt with a mage its generally frusttrating becuase my rage is so weak I kill faster with my overflow then my rage...and its just worsened in a duo.

My absolute favorite though was trioing, me, maduin and valandil. It was fun, there was walking, we got great exp, and good company. Big poets need big heals, duoing just isnt much of an option.

--------------------
I am Sarphendon, Sa san Do.

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Nov 21 2012, 01:12 AM
Post #44

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

People act like "setting" is just PA setting... If you're not PA setting with every creature facing back, bringing in low vita creatures for Overflow ON ALL VITA AETHERS, making Assault sets ON AETHERS, and Fernoing sets ON AETHERS... You're not a "Set mage," you're just a PA mage =P

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
solman
post Nov 22 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #45

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

Depends on stats as well as cave. I still say my design for ST in hunter big is the best system for hunting period. Nobody ever uses it either so meh. It is just so efficient i dont get why it hasnt caught on. But I dont hunt so its whatever.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post
IamAmage
post Nov 26 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #46

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,634
Characters: IamAmage, IamApoet, Wreckonize, Homunculus

Even in a buff stats cave, using a mage who can set (not with PA, but OF.. basically making a constant Sa attack set around warrior) and Fernoing on aethers can actually be more efficient and faster exp than STing. It just requires more work from the mage =P

Duoing, however, is faster than either. But it is more dangerous, and costs a lot of money (dura) for the fighter.

--------------------
Funny thing about humility... Just when you think you've got it you've lost it.

+Quote Post
NirvanaMan
post Feb 10 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #47

Level 5

Member No.: 67
Characters: NirvanaMan

QUOTE (solman @ Nov 22 2012, 09:10 PM) *
Depends on stats as well as cave. I still say my design for ST in hunter big is the best system for hunting period. Nobody ever uses it either so meh. It is just so efficient i dont get why it hasnt caught on. But I dont hunt so its whatever.

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember started bout 3-4 years ago and it's all I ever see so don't know what you're talking about

--------------------

You got Mug'ed
Definition: When you try to help someone but only make things worse

+Quote Post
solman
post Feb 11 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #48

Oh san
Group Icon

Member No.: 104

so you do full diamond sets minus 2 spaces that feeds into the sets naturally? I rarely hunt so i dont see it, but every time i went that wasnt the case so idk.

--------------------
Time to do the naked Pee Pee dance.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:20 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.