IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do You Want To See Most?, If Kru had to work on ONE project...
If Kru had to work on ONE project...
I would like to see THIS be worked on most:
Sa san (includes path balance) [ 20 ] ** [34.48%]
RP Town [ 19 ] ** [32.76%]
New Carnage Event [ 2 ] ** [3.45%]
Other [ 17 ] ** [29.31%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Gerdi
post Aug 5 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #1

Sam san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 388

Doing this so hopefully Mug will see it and have some strange epiphany that we know will never happen, but it's good to dream anyways so...

I'm going with Sa san right now, frankly because I think it's something that has been highly anticipated for the longest time.

RP town was something (I think) promised by Mug, and we've been anxiously expecting sa san ever since Nexon was in control.

Sam was released Yuri 50 (I believe), and Nexon was replaced I think in Yuri 83

So...

The carnage event would be cool, like a frosting on a cake, if we had some [Content removed]ing cake. But since we don't!

I'm talking about actual projects though, not bug fixes, pk fixes (which is near and dear to my <3). So explain your reasoning, if you could, please!

Gorgax
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AllyGator
post Aug 5 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #2

Map Goddess
Group Icon

Group: Retired Administrator
Member No.: 3

I voted no.

Sa san is beyond the possibility of most players. Of the choices offered I think this is the one that should be done. Why? Because the most dedicated and oldest players would get something finally.

Carnage Event - I hate PK so obviously I wouldn't go for this. Otherwise this would be the 2nd thing on the to do list. Why? Because the majority of players would benefit from it.

RP town - ridiculous. It will just cause more schisms. Those who think all RP is lame and those who think it is Holy Grail of the game. Those who are true believers will briefly be happy till they find fault and start whining that the infidels are ruining it for them. This wouldn't even make my 10th choice. I just see too much opportunity for griefing and fighting. Benefits a very small portion of the game that already does all it can to bring down the larger portion of the game.

Instead of an RP town, KRU should devote development into making subpaths (i.e. roleplaying) something that isn't totally controlled by 12 people. People complain about the justice system and archons; both of these groups have been abused but they also have oversight and we know a lot about what controls are placed on them. The 12 elders have no controls and no oversight. There 12 have the greatest potential for abusing other players. I'd vote this slightly above making an RP town. I really doubt that RP can be fixed so that people who honestly enjoy RP can practice without an organized resistance. Don't go all flame and say anyone can RP and no one can stop them. That's like saying the justice system is only flawed if you break the laws.

Other - give us good old fashioned historical events. Tons of them.

--------------------
The hair says it all!

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Aug 5 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #3

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,757
Characters: Frog

Sa san. I don't care how many people are not sa stats or will never get sa stats. It's been 4 or 5? years since the release of sam san and tons of people that were not sam stats then, are now. Atleast like one person ingame is yook stats, dozens are oh, and hundreds are sa. With it comes path balancing, which for rogues, should have started a YEAR AGO with the introduction of overflow.

I almost want to say "other". DM brings up a good point in another thread somewhere around here. Nexus has always wasted so much time on events without adding to actual normal content. Some events do, most don't. I'd love to see expanded caves or entirely new things, like tangun, but for players that play the game now. Tangun does about jack squat for anyone ALREADY playing, not including friends new to the game, except make 1-50 a lot faster.

And Gorgax, I remember. It was like 2-3 months delayed atleast. "Secret new addition"(which, AGAIN, barely affected any players currently playing able to hear about the "secret" since it's for newbs only)

*Edit* Ally, lol what is the "voted no" in response to?

--------------------
IPB Image
Pandemonium Frog My Progress
Warriors; so easy a caveman could do it.

+Quote Post
Gerdi
post Aug 5 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #4

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 388

QUOTE(AllyGator @ Aug 5 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]55311[/snapback]

I voted no.

I wasn't aware there was a 'no' option =p

Sa san is beyond the possibility of most players. Of the choices offered I think this is the one that should be done. Why? Because the most dedicated and oldest players would get something finally.

Er...

Sorry, but why do people believe that attaining 1.28m vita is beyond the scope of possibility? By pacing themselves, it is very easy to get those stats in a very reasonable amount of time. I hate hunting, but it's so easy to get stats.. Literally, if you hunt an hour a day, you'll get there, and it'll be quicker and quicker, because hunting experience gets faster and easier as you go by. 99 - il san is probably the hardest part of hunting to Sam san.

It most certainly is not beyond the possibility of most players... Some maybe, but most? Hardly.

Carnage Event - I hate PK so obviously I wouldn't go for this. Otherwise this would be the 2nd thing on the to do list. Why? Because the majority of players would benefit from it.

Eh, not gonna argue with you, you like what you like. But I don't think it'll be a "PK" related theme, I think it'll be more like capture the flag, or something.

RP town - ridiculous. It will just cause more schisms. Those who think all RP is lame and those who think it is Holy Grail of the game. Those who are true believers will briefly be happy till they find fault and start whining that the infidels are ruining it for them. This wouldn't even make my 10th choice. I just see too much opportunity for griefing and fighting. Benefits a very small portion of the game that already does all it can to bring down the larger portion of the game.

Instead of an RP town, KRU should devote development into making subpaths (i.e. roleplaying) something that isn't totally controlled by 12 people. People complain about the justice system and archons; both of these groups have been abused but they also have oversight and we know a lot about what controls are placed on them. The 12 elders have no controls and no oversight. There 12 have the greatest potential for abusing other players. I'd vote this slightly above making an RP town. I really doubt that RP can be fixed so that people who honestly enjoy RP can practice without an organized resistance. Don't go all flame and say anyone can RP and no one can stop them. That's like saying the justice system is only flawed if you break the laws.

Other - give us good old fashioned historical events. Tons of them.

I more or less agree. I'm not going to touch base on the actual subpaths, because even though I was once a guide for geomancer, I really have nothing to do with them now.

But I think RP town appeases really only a small portion of the population.. Not trying to belittle that demographic, but I think right now the best thing to do is appeal to MOST of the population, even if it'll be something other then Sa san.. =p

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Aug 5 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #5

Sam san
Group Icon

Server reset, Wednesday, April 18, 2007:* Mug is currently working on a large new addition for the game. We feel this is something that will help Nexus but right now we won’t go into any details. He hopes to have this project done by the end of May.

Server reset, Wednesday, September 5, 2007: The hidden village of Tangun has been closed for some time now. Today while walking along the roads of Kugnae, I saw that the stones have been cleared away and the mist has risen once again.
-----------------------------------

And just so SilentS is happy, yes it said "hopes". It must suck to be Mug, ALL of his hopes are constantly being crushed.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Laren
post Aug 5 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #6

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

I'm with Ally. I voted other. The most important thing is events, and good ones. Major game changes used to be rare in the "good old days," but we were kept entertained with good RP and frequent good events. Major additions don't seem so major for long. How much effort was put into the Woodlands? Was it worth it? Tangun was a major project, but now it's just a normal part of the game and didn't improve the overall experience much.

Sa San would be nice, but there's no rush. We've been waiting 6 years for it, we can wait a little longer. Fix the balance problems of hunting and PK first, though.

The RP town could be interesting, but I have some concerns about it which I've raised in other threads. It definitely wouldn't help the overall problem with RP in the game, though. For that we need compelling events, RP encouragement from the Gods (includes good, active Royals) and more freedom in the subpaths.

The new Carnage event... meh... can't judge without seeing it, but I don't think it's urgent although it might be fun.

We need an improvement in RP and more events first and foremost.

+Quote Post
Jisong
post Aug 6 2008, 03:23 AM
Post #7

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 169

Other seems to be a recurring trend.

Sa San -- the roughly 300 characters that can attain Sa San just doesn't seem like a significant portion of "improving Nexus" right now.

RP should not be forced as Laren has stated. It should be supported with events, Royals interactions, as well as the freedom to do stuff in subpaths. Laren took the words out of my mouth here ohmy.gif

The events that previously happened were enjoyable and had significant RP around them simply because it was awsome interaction. Royals actually played along with what people said, and event characters were supported by the people's interaction to see something cool. ChiZao's collapsing cave -- epic.

I dont know if we need "more" events, but we need more "quality" events. I am pretty sure thats what Laren meant, but I have to be critical to ensure my point gets across -- just incase mug attains the english proficiency of a third grader to comprehend my post.

As far as major changes --- anything that really adds a permanent edition such as a zone is pretty major to me. The atrophy of fun and usefullness to one person may be another's joy. The difference is that the quality of these "major" zones was never fully discussed I fear. The Woodlands -- for two years have been epic failure. Sure we had a couple grocery shopping events and Haengsa that involved the woodlands, but the woodlands was "halfway" promised as a hunting area. Did the creator's actually try hunting in the first place. And as far as the items and "Diary Quest" go regarding it -- the replay value for the Diary Quest SHOULD have been epicly high. But the quest is unfortunately too ambiguous and mathematically impossible. This isn't a "pick up armor" this is more like "pick up 34563 pieces of armor."

I think I am digressing too much from the original topic...

-More Quality RP Supported Events
-Royal Interaction (Might have to introduce some propaganda to introduce the fascination with royals once again)
-Epic Events that take more than three days to solve
-Events that introduce some new story-arch characters.
-Events that CONCLUDE story-arch characters and not leave them floating in the air (cough HanXin).
-More Freedom for subpaths on requests as well as membership changes
-IN GAME BALANCE FOR KRUNA ITEMS -- Something mug has personally mailed me but has yet to put into the game (doesn't shock me..)

If I had to chose ------JUST ONE------ I'd chose a story-arch or storyline that continually changes monthly, or bi-monthly, that offers patrons some real content. Almost everyone in Nexus does the events because they provide the hope and allure of something different. Why not feed off of that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zario
post Aug 6 2008, 10:14 AM
Post #8

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 154

I voted other. A good event would get me to come back, but I doubt that will happen. Mug has his priorities.

QUOTE(Gerdi @ Aug 5 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]55317[/snapback]

99 - il san is probably the hardest part of hunting to Sam san.

Thanks, you made me feel less bad about not reaching il-san since I started Zario in Yuri 40. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Aug 6 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #9

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,403

QUOTE(Zario @ Aug 6 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]55417[/snapback]

I voted other. A good event would get me to come back, but I doubt that will happen. Mug has his priorities.
Thanks, you made me feel less bad about not reaching il-san since I started Zario in Yuri 40. laugh.gif

Took me 27 days from level 1 to il san (I was 100/110 actually)

Stats are easy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vortextk
post Aug 6 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Yeah but was that with the like 3 xp events back to back? lol
Stats are easy, but Gerdi is referring to regular hour a day or so hunting.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Aug 6 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #11

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

I voted Sa. Having Sa san out of the way allows mug to free up his time for the other projects, and will allow players to actually have something to aspire to for quite some time. Every game needs continuing goals for its player base at its core. With a game like Nexus where power is infinate, Sa allows people to work twords that goal better than any other one of the projects. RP town allows lots of people to interact with eachother if hunting isn't their thing, but there are still other venues to accomplish that goal where as hunting the same way for 3-5 years has grown old.

Events need to continue happening, but I'd rather see a major update since an event requires a lot of work, with little return. You get happy players during the event, but once its over all that has been done is trash. Story line has to be built back into the events, but considering the last pirates is bringing up a long forgotten lover of Lasahn's it seems they are at least aware of the previous story.

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Aug 6 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

QUOTE(Vortextk @ Aug 6 2008, 11:53 AM) [snapback]55427[/snapback]

Yeah but was that with the like 3 xp events back to back? lol
Stats are easy, but Gerdi is referring to regular hour a day or so hunting.

no that was regular 1x exp, i missed all the lost mines events and exp days / weekends, in my 8 years of nexus

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stryker
post Aug 6 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #13

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 862

I voted other..

I want to see the company that runs Nexus start coming through for it's player base for the first time since 3.0.

Oh well, I'd also like my very own Pegasus.

+Quote Post
Laren
post Aug 6 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #14

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

I think we need more events -and- more quality events. I don't count the little grocery list quests such as Valentine's fan, or 10th anniversary balooms, and so forth as events. By my count, we've had maybe 3 or 4 events a year for the last 3 years. They can do better than that and still improve the quality.

+Quote Post
TediAvenger
post Aug 6 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #15

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 88
Characters: TediAvenger

Path Balance, including Sa San
This is possibly the easiest thing to actually do. There are PLAYERS with more experience doing this than the KRU staff apparently has. Get it done, MOVE ON.

Then, Subpaths and Clans
I don't feel like articulating my thoughts on this.
Others can do it better.
See the roleplaying stagnation thread, it has good ideas.
Batman says, "Your system is broken."

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Aug 6 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #16

Sam san
Group Icon

I wana see Halome's [Content Removed] the most.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AceoStar
post Aug 6 2008, 03:27 PM
Post #17

Oh san
Group Icon

Group: Retired Staff
Member No.: 2
Characters: AceoStar

^ and the e-game award for class and style goes too....

--------------------
AceoStar, Imperial Guard of Buya.

Put www.StatAddict.com in your profile to track your stats today!

Learn to keep up

Errr, NF is filtered at work these days, I'll be checking the forums a lot less often.

+Quote Post
WestSideR
post Aug 6 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #18

Sam san
Group Icon

I think "style and class" would have sounded more grammatically correct there Ace-O. But yeah, I would like to thank my mom, for being such a [Content removed], my dad for being the coolest mother [Content removed]er in the world, that one guy who died on the cross in vietnam or something, bob the builder, all my buddies at nexus tk, and uhh Halome's contents that were apparently removed, i dont believe it though. You rock!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rienko
post Aug 29 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #19

Il san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,511

I wish there was an alternate option. In this category I would include the following: Deathpiles, writable paper, zibong attacks, adventures carnage.

+Quote Post
HaKSaW
post Aug 29 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #20

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,927
Characters: HaKSaW

QUOTE(Rienko @ Aug 29 2008, 09:42 AM) [snapback]59041[/snapback]

I wish there was an alternate option. In this category I would include the following: Deathpiles, writable paper, zibong attacks, adventures carnage.

Writable paper existed a long time ago and was removed due to the amount of system resources it was wasting on the server. There is not really an efficient way to make it.

Deathpiles being removed made things more carebearish. I remember when they removed money from DPs, THAT was a decent decision, though completely removed the need for using banks. However DPs for items being removed completely removed all risk... BODs still exist, but there is no risk of losing other items from your inventory. Hell I remember the rebuilding cities event... I was a hell newbie on my mage and no matter what I did I basically kept dieing in town, dropping most of what I owned... I think that character ended up naked and broke within about 2 hours of the event... (didn't have this problem on HaK of course, being a poet and I was considerably stronger at that point).

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:17 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.