IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So What's Going On With Elendhirin?, Is the clan done? Are the archons corrupted?!? Explain here!
WereWulf
post Jan 27 2015, 08:08 AM
Post #1

Ee san
Group Icon

Group: Nobles
Member No.: 306
Characters: Don't mess up the tables!

So I just checked out NexusAtlas. The 3 articles about the tribunals both appear that everyone has voted to disband the Elendhirin clan but the archons are basically saying, "Yeah....No.....". Since I am currently not registered and NexusAtlas doesn't link to rambling thoughts board I cannot read all the good arguments.

Can anyone explain here what exactly is going on? I've got to imagine that deep down we all know because of the current state and population of nexus there should really only be 2-3 clans in each kingdom (at most!). Why is it that the archons can't seem to just let go? Is there more to this story?

Just looking over every clan and every subpath it seems that there are many in low population "quota" numbers. Disbanding a lot of clans will actually help out nexustk... right? At least for the time being when you log into a clan you would see more than 5 faces and have more than 3 not "zzz" for hours. Check out the numbers: User Lists

Also, does anyone have a link to view all the nexustk boards?

Thanks for the discussion and explanations.

--------------------
Did you ever notice how in the Bible, when ever God needed to punish someone, or make an example, or whenever God needed a killing, he sent an angel? Did you ever wonder what a creature like that must be like? A whole existence spent praising your God, but always with one wing dipped in blood. Would you ever really want to see an angel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jan 27 2015, 09:08 AM
Post #2

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Elendhirin wants to disband, Horus made up a rule to delay this because it takes work to disband a Clan and KRU doesn't do work it doesn't have to.

+Quote Post
Mazel
post Jan 27 2015, 11:21 AM
Post #3

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 150

If Elendhirin wants to disband they can all just leave.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jan 27 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #4

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

There are plenty of clans that should disband.. *cough* Enigma with only 62 people..

Cut back on the clans and help current active clans grow larger.

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Jan 27 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #5

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

QUOTE (Musoyan @ Jan 27 2015, 11:37 AM) *
There are plenty of clans that should disband.. *cough* Enigma with only 62 people..

Cut back on the clans and help current active clans grow larger.

I remember when Elendhirin was first recruiting. I was really impressed by the passion behind the clan. Aside from those days, I don't remember a lot about Elendhirin, and maybe that's part of the problem. So much passion, but it seemed locked away in their halls. Maybe that allure wasn't enough, who knows.

There should be only 3 clans per city, including the Army. If you could pull a Horus, who would you make up a rule for?

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jan 27 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #6

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

I don't know if maybe they're alts or what, but I've never heard of Seasona or anyone on the Elendhirin Council. I'm not the most active when it comes to Clans, but most Primogens I've at least heard of.

Maybe I'm in the minority, I don't know. I feel like I'm pretty active in the game, I've just never heard of some of these people. Maybe that's part of the problem?

+Quote Post
Doctor
post Jan 27 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #7

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 127

An interesting story I got in an email.

Hey Shuzu,

Saw your story on Nexusatlas about the archon bullying at the tribunal. I know that stories of Archon bullying are fairly easy to come by, but I thought I might share mine as well.

I played a character named Jania, and really for a long time got the most enjoyment out of the game when hosting Carnages. I tried pretty hard to give people good PK events, and thought I did a pretty good job... at least to a point. There are a lot of issues with being a host in the past two years, most noticeably the incredibly low player numbers and huge stat gaps in uncapped carnages. Still, this mail is not about that...

A few weeks after Thrund was made the carnage archon, he was speaking in host chat. In the course of the conversation, I made a comment that it sounded like he was smirking when he said something. Apparently, "smirk" is also the name of a former character. Since I decided to use that verb in my sentence, he threatened to jail me, remove me from hosting, and possibly ban me from the game. This bullying went on for three days... multiple times he summoned me out of hunts, away from my friends, and muted my whispers. When I tried to explain that using a verb in a sentence is not possible a reason for jailing, nor can I possibly keep track of every other character that has ever played the game and not use any part of their names in my sentences, the claims became "insubordination" and "improper attitude" and that I didn't "know my place." I told him that if we were to speak again, I wanted Drywater to be present. That was the last time he spoke to me.

Less than a week later, one of my alts submitted to the story contest a story with a character named "Raul". There is no registered character named Raul on any website, and I could find no trace of this name used by any alt in nexus. I considered it falling under the "common name" rule, but maybe not, okay. There are still no nexus characters with this name on any searchable database on the website. However, on the grounds that I used a banned name, my story was rejected AFTER all other stories had been posted and I was given no chance to change the name.

That last little story was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I had been bullied in whispers by a number of players before, and while some of it is expected in the line of hosting duties, some of it had taken a turn beyond players being upset to players simply looking for a reason to be vicious, and had become perpetual, daily, and pervasive. There was a wisdom star event where I, as an 800/400ish poet, could not find a hunt. Okay, so I'm not great, but literally, zero hunts? I got 4 bil from zoozoo in a duo, that was the only offer in 19 hours of saging. Then I walk through rooms that have groups of 13 players where only 1 player is actually at the computer, the others are bots?!?... and I digress. Anyways, as one of the few hosts who I felt actually tried really hard to do some good carnages, even when this was pretty impossible due to turnout (what am I supposed to do if Shans shows, and no one else is above 1 mil health?), the venom
from players had just turned unhealthy. However, add that to bullying from the Archons directly... and from the one who was theoretically supposed to be supporting my department... well, you understand why I'm not registered anymore, and have no real intention of re-regging anytime in the future. I do check NA on occasion to see if there have been any major changes (like Kru selling the company), but frankly, I think my sporadic visits to the nexus are done. My time as a carnage host certainly is, there is no way I would work under Thrund again.

Just thought I'd share,
~CSD
~Jania

--------------------

+Quote Post
Brant
post Jan 27 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #8

Sa san
Group Icon

Member No.: 921

QUOTE (Doctor @ Jan 27 2015, 07:50 PM) *
An interesting story I got in an email.

There used to be an Archon named Raul, but that's a retardedly long stretch of the imagination; also the thing about 'Smirk' is [Content removed]ing hilarious and ridiculously sad at the same time. What a power tripping, neck beard wearing, arm chair communist.

There should be a power-tripping thread because I wouldn't be surprised if everyone had their own stories of encountering people like this in the game.

+Quote Post
Musoyan
post Jan 27 2015, 11:46 PM
Post #9

Exasperating
Group Icon

Member No.: 543
Characters: Musoyen

Sad that petty politics are what run this game.

+Quote Post
Conro
post Jan 28 2015, 01:54 AM
Post #10

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

Let me get this straight...

A game that's struggling to keep members is trying to disband a clan which will probably make even more people quit?

Jesus Christ lol

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
Laren
post Jan 28 2015, 05:48 AM
Post #11

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

The game (KRU) is trying to keep the Clan from disbanding, the Clan is trying to disband.

And the game's not struggling, that would imply effort. This is more like carbon monoxide poisoning.

+Quote Post
Interstate
post Jan 28 2015, 06:51 PM
Post #12

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,663

This whole thing is actually rather confusing.

Some people are claiming that the clan is being shut down for quota and the only reason they are disbanding is because of threats to shut down the clan from quota.

Other people are claiming that KRU / Archons are trying to stop the clan from being disbanded, which kind of negates the premise of the previous claim.

This is a mystery that may never be solved...

--------------------
Vicious Circle
Hater of haters
Anti-elitist elitist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL65cvzK0s...feature=related

+Quote Post
Xing-Yu Seong
post Jan 28 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #13

Enchanted

Member No.: 2,920

Just lower the quota restrictions to 60, declare it retroactive up to the last 3 months, and bam. Problem solved. I mean, if we can make up rules, why not?

+Quote Post
Ace
post Jan 28 2015, 09:26 PM
Post #14

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Interstate @ Jan 28 2015, 04:51 PM) *
This whole thing is actually rather confusing.

Some people are claiming that the clan is being shut down for quota and the only reason they are disbanding is because of threats to shut down the clan from quota.

Other people are claiming that KRU / Archons are trying to stop the clan from being disbanded, which kind of negates the premise of the previous claim.

This is a mystery that may never be solved...

They'd been threatened for quite a while about not making quota, and due to those threats they decided to just give up rather than deal with all the continuing crap and disband the clan - but then when they tried to vote at tribunal to do just that, the Archon told them they couldn't vote to disband the clan, and that Kru wouldn't allow it to be disbanded.

--------------------
This space left intentionally blank.

+Quote Post
Conro
post Jan 29 2015, 12:51 AM
Post #15

Sam san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1
Characters: None, Sold my chars.

Why have a quota at all?

A quota implies there's enough people and the only thing that would harm your organization is a total lack of interest.

This game suffers from a lack of players because KRU wants to stick to a [Content removed]ty business model.

--------------------
Come join me FFXIV! Conro Sith on Leviathan

.: Marauder Conro :. Guardian PoyoMan Force MythicalBank Rogue Lucca

"I'm not the nicest person you'll ever meet" - Chongun
"Bulbasaur beats EVERYTHING!!!"

+Quote Post
Cuchulain
post Jan 29 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #16

Level 99

Group: Citizens
Member No.: 707
Characters: Cuchulain, YogSim, rekinoM

Elendhirin: I'm gonna do it, I'm serious!

Kru: I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend~

Joking aside, couldn't the Primogen of the clan just boot everyone? I realize eventually Kru will take Primo from them, but at that point it would be pretty hard to get the clanned filled with alts again, I would guess.

--------------------
Oh boy here we go

+Quote Post
Styledatol
post Jan 29 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #17

Ee san
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,617
Characters: Dokart

QUOTE (Laren @ Jan 28 2015, 06:48 AM) *
The game (KRU) is trying to keep the Clan from disbanding, the Clan is trying to disband.

And the game's not struggling, that would imply effort. This is more like carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gd, made me log.

+1 You can have my internets

+Quote Post
Interstate
post Jan 30 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #18

Sam san
Group Icon

Again.

KRU say Elendheart try kill itself and it save.

Elendheart say KRU try kill it and it save itself.

This is mystery. Time as old is.

--------------------
Vicious Circle
Hater of haters
Anti-elitist elitist

+Quote Post
Interstate
post Jan 30 2015, 01:07 AM
Post #19

Sam san
Group Icon

All right, I'm going to speak candid on this (for a sentence or two at least). What gets to me is the fact that I absolutely fu craq king love Rhianwyn. She is so amazing and absolute, plus everything she has ever stood for or had to do with. This is the founder of Elendheart. To be honest, I know nothing of it other than a couple of things that happened one day and then I did stuff. But the truth of the matter is, I spoke to her yesterday and she didn't even give a funk except she did kind of at the back of her mind and it was only really about the money. So if that even makes sense to me which it doesn't then it does. But yeah. Folks common.

Edit: for her's to be the first to hit the wall bugs me to no end. I will take it if no one else will, because to see this go will break me mo fra king heart.

--------------------
Vicious Circle
Hater of haters
Anti-elitist elitist

+Quote Post
Interstate
post Jan 30 2015, 01:15 AM
Post #20

Sam san
Group Icon

Oh and FYI, this is as good of a place as any to say it. Conro, I fraqing love you, you're grat jasho son, you're the best sire. But seriously, don't beat your lover that I know you have feels for to the end. Seriously. That too breakz me heart and I know you luvz me so don't even lol

--------------------
Vicious Circle
Hater of haters
Anti-elitist elitist

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:26 PM
Nexus Forums is part of: Nexus Atlas © all rights reserved.